Royal Rumble 2018 Discussion [& stats]

tiger_rick

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

There's actually less men announced isn't there?

The graphic they put up on Raw and Smackdown only has about 13-14 people and only Reigns has officially been added since that I know off

Not disagreeing The Women's one is far more open and is more likely to have genuine surprises as the roster only consists of those announced so the other 10 or so have to be unkown.

The Mens will likely consist of R-Truth, Primo etc making up the numbers rather then surprise returns/Debuts

You might be right tbh - in fact it's most probable that I just filled in the gaps in the men's match in my mind. With the women, because their roster only goes up to like 19, it means surprises are inevitable. With the men, even if they've only announced twelve or so, you can guarantee the other eighteen will be made up of the likes of Heath Slater, Curt Hawkins, Baron Corbin et al.

1 minute ago, WCWFanatic85 said:

You are more interested in it as its the first one but women wrestling is I feel no better than it has ever been, they are just not treated like sex symbols anymore (even though they are).

A simple 'no' would've sufficed.

• Paid Members

I too am more intrigued by the women's Rumble than the men's. Mostly down to the Rousey buzz, but there is a legit feel about it that anything can happen, like a Lita turning up, say, or Stephanie winning by entering at number 30 and breaking the combined record of Kane and Roman for eliminations.

• Paid Members

I'm looking forward to the women's Rumble more than the men's by some distance. Part of it is down to it being the first one, sure, but more than that it's because there will be 12 surprise entrants that are currently not main roster wrestlers. I love surprise Rumble entrants, so having that many is pretty awesome in my books. Throw in the possibility of Rousey and it's even more interesting. I can't wait. I look forward to the men's Rumble as usual (love this time of year) but the women's match interests me much more.

The women's wrestling in WWE today is so much better than the Attitude Era stuff that you can't even compare the two. You had a few women that could work and just as many that really couldn't. I don't just mean they were green, they were rotten. Just look at the flag bearer of the division, Sable. Atrocious.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, WCWFanatic85 said:

Women wrestling today is still as bad as ever, its still the bathroom break match generally.

That's your opinion. My opinion, and the opinion of many regarding women's wrestling (hence the increased interest and popularity), is that it's much better today.

And TildeGuy is right (gasp!)- 205 Live matches are the new piss break.

25 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Various reasons why I'm more interested in the women's rumble than the men's:

• Loads of participants are already announced for the men's rumble. Little to no surprises possible. The womens' one has less than 20 confirmed, so there will definitely be loads of surprises.
  • The last few Rumbles have been really, really boring. Especially last year's. Nothing new, nothing fun, just 50+ mins of dirge with the odd Goldberg/Lesnar thing thrown in.
  • The womens' WrestleMania picture seems to be pretty much wide open at the moment, if you don't work under the assumption that Ronda is coming. Anyone could win.
  • Yeah, alright, it is the first one so it'll be interesting to see what happens and how they build a match like this with nobody having any experience of doing so.

edit: really feels like the posts above are just one guy posting back and forth to himself

Wouldn't it be funny if it was agreed that if someone makes an accusation like this and it turns out to be true, then for e.g. I get suspended, but if turns out to be untrue, the person making the accusation gets suspended?

I mean a simple IP check would confirm we aren't even in the same country.

It would certainly cut down on baseless accusations like this being made against every unpopular poster.

I know other forums do it.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, WCWFanatic85 said:

Well, that isn't really a bathroom break though is it as its an on-demand show so you just don't put the show on.

205 Live matches also take place on Raw, and sometimes on PPV.

5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

That's your opinion. My opinion, and the opinion of many regarding women's wrestling (hence the increased interest and popularity), is that it's much better today.

And TildeGuy is right (gasp!)- 205 Live matches are the new piss break.

Thanks Babe 😘

Women’s wrestling is a million times better now than it was in the attitude era. I don’t see how anyone with eyes could think differently. I’m not saying it’s good or bad. But it was the absolute shits twenty years ago. 

Saying that, there are no women now that you could even consider to be the same level of star as Sunny, Chyna, Lita or Sable. It’s not even close. 

1 minute ago, Yakashi said:

Women’s wrestling is a million times better now than it was in the attitude era. I don’t see how anyone with eyes could think differently. I’m not saying it’s good or bad. But it was the absolute shits twenty years ago. 

Saying that, there are no women now that you could even consider to be the same level of star as Sunny, Chyna, Lita or Sable. It’s not even close. 

Which is basically what I said.

Next up we'll be getting accused of being the same person.

Archived