Royal Rumble 2018 Discussion [& stats]

tiger_rick

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye I think the Women’s match is going on last by the sounds of it - it’d have to be Rousey that wins surely with that in mind.

Dont have any interest in the women So would have rather the men’s gone on last 

Wait. Wha?

I assume from your username you'd prefer a return to Divas, bra and pantie matches and eye candy? Or a repeat of the Lingerie Battle Royale from the TNA early days?

Genuinely curious how giving the women a Rumble match is pandering to feminists? 

1 hour ago, bigfoote said:

Wait. Wha?

I assume from your username you'd prefer a return to Divas, bra and pantie matches and eye candy? Or a repeat of the Lingerie Battle Royale from the TNA early days?

Genuinely curious how giving the women a Rumble match is pandering to feminists? 

Its not pandering to feminists. But they’re clearly doing these things so they can say they’re doing them. It’s not because they think they should be main events etc because they will draw money. It’s 100% because of company image and not for genuine money drawing business reasons.

Its obvious that women can draw money. You only have to look at Ronda. She was an absolute money printing megastar. But these half hearted PR exercises aren’t going to change anything. Unless the start more regularly main eventing TV or PPV with the women (and not making a massive deal of it to get attention) and writing real stories (Nia and Alexa was a good start but that’s vanished for no reason) then nothing will change. Bayley had a chance. But they proved, as usual, what they really think of the women with how fucked she is now. 

22 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Fun in little bit from today’s Progress show

jq5pao.png

Presumably because no bugger can heave that belly over the top rope? ;)

What little I've seen of modern day women's wrestling I've been suitably impressed by, it's certainly better than the tripe I watched when I was a regular viewer, but I can't help but feel that the amount of attention and praise they get is rather forced and just a byproduct of the politically correct era we're living in.

None of them draw me in as characters TBH.

Various reasons why I'm more interested in the women's rumble than the men's:

• Loads of participants are already announced for the men's rumble. Little to no surprises possible. The womens' one has less than 20 confirmed, so there will definitely be loads of surprises.
  • The last few Rumbles have been really, really boring. Especially last year's. Nothing new, nothing fun, just 50+ mins of dirge with the odd Goldberg/Lesnar thing thrown in.
  • The womens' WrestleMania picture seems to be pretty much wide open at the moment, if you don't work under the assumption that Ronda is coming. Anyone could win.
  • Yeah, alright, it is the first one so it'll be interesting to see what happens and how they build a match like this with nobody having any experience of doing so.

edit: really feels like the posts above are just one guy posting back and forth to himself

I'm heading into tonights show with little expectations. I couldn't care less about the women's Rumble. 

As for the mens Rumble...I'm expecting the worst, its either going to be predictable Reigns/Cena or they will go the Nakamura route (whom I cannot warm too).

Something is telling me that Jason Jordan wins it and goes full on heel, he doesn't even need to main event mania, they could always take the title shot off him somewhere down the line.

4 minutes ago, WCWFanatic85 said:

Why though? Because its the first one?

Bit of that, yeah. And they’ve not had enough time to delineate the women’s division along ‘Main Event-Mid Card-Undercard’ lines; most women on the roster could win and it would make sense.

Plus, surprise Rumble returns haven’t been bled dry from 20 post-Attitude era Rumbles, so there might actually be genuine novelty to be mined from the past.

AND there could be a star debut...

6 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Various reasons:

• Loads of participants are already announced for the men's rumble. Little to no surprises possible. The womens' one has less than 20 confirmed, so there will definitely be loads of surprises.

There's actually less men announced isn't there?

The graphic they put up on Raw and Smackdown only has about 13-14 people and only Reigns has officially been added since that I know off

Not disagreeing The Women's one is far more open and is more likely to have genuine surprises as the roster only consists of those announced so the other 10 or so have to be unkown.

The Mens will likely consist of R-Truth, Primo etc making up the numbers rather then surprise returns/Debuts

Archived