5 star wrestling

matty_kissarmy

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been dipping in and out.  It's been fine.  The in-ring has been about what I'd expected and the commentary has been alright.  Production has actually been better than I'd imagined considering it's a live show.  Shame about how dark the place looks but I guess they're trying to hide a small crowd.  All in all a bit of a non-event so far.

Just baffling that they spend all that money on Mysterio/RVD/Morrison, yet didn't even bother to tighten the ropes, cutting out a ton of their work. Should've been seen to right after the first match.

Edit: Laughing at seeing Danny Rodd in amongst the tweets on the #5StarWrestling hashtag too, slating the show. 

• Paid Members

RVD in that main event was a mess.

Presentation was very similar to their 5 show last January (I.e bloody dark). It wasn’t as slick as TV needs to be but I hope the presentation can improve. Anyone know why Hendry is commentating rather then Wrestling?

• Moderators

Crowd chanting Rusev Day during the finish of the main. RVD and Morrison were all over shop too. The arena was massively darkened, why not go with an old school studio wrestling feel (Rather than selling about 300 tickets in a 20,000 venue so it's black as the ace other than the ring)? At least it'd be different.

I thought the live editing looked pretty slick. A lot calmer than WWE and TNA with their hyper-editing.

Darkening the arena so much was rather odd, particularly as they had some 600-1000 fans in there according to reports, so not exactly a meagre crowd.

They did the same at their Dundee show though, with the camera work making it look like there was a tiny crowd, but in long shot they had a decent turnout there too.

Archived