5 star wrestling

matty_kissarmy

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
22 minutes ago, thescottishchamp87 said:

Now Primate has challenged Scarlett Moffett from Gogglebox and former Queen of The Jungle on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here to a mixed Tag Team Match next week in Newcastle

On what planet does that make sense.

Big burly wrestler challenges female, non-wrestling, TV personality to a wrestling match :confused:

• Paid Members

It doesn't exactly bring in Wrestling fans, though, does it? And Live as well? It's got disaster written all over it, unless she's been secretly training somewhere for months, but surely the papers would have at least had something on it now. It sounds like "Please, Channel 5, we don't appear to be able to attract any wrestling fans to attend or watch our show, please can we chuck some money at a 'celebrity' to try and get some eyes on the product?"

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, chokeout said:

She lives in this country now and has done for a while. Totally agree it's a silly level of imports though. Not quite up to 1PW flying over commentators and refs though

I didn't know that. Guess it makes sense if she's around. Thansk for that.

6 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It doesn't exactly bring in Wrestling fans, though, does it? And Live as well? It's got disaster written all over it, unless she's been secretly training somewhere for months, but surely the papers would have at least had something on it now. It sounds like "Please, Channel 5, we don't appear to be able to attract any wrestling fans to attend or watch our show, please can we chuck some money at a 'celebrity' to try and get some eyes on the product?"

Local paper has coverage she appeared at the show in 2016 and slapped Primate in the face

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids-news/unfinished-business-scarlett-moffatt-challenged-14227663.amp#click=https://t.co/yTCFIxrq6Y

Just now, Carbomb said:

I didn't know that. Guess it makes sense if she's around. Thansk for that.

Yeah also she been at ICW in the past aswell for FITE app

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, thescottishchamp87 said:

Good question but won't even happen just I guess Primate trying to push ticket sales by doing this as a stunt I guess

Which then means if a load of people do turn up based on the back of this and it doesn't happen there'd be hell to pay. You can fling all the "card subject to change" you want at wrestling fans and they'll take it in their stride, but casual attendees are more likely to push for a refund anyway, and recount their bad experience to their friends which could do further damage, unless there's an absolutely amazing show on there to try and make up for the perceived "false advertising."

1 minute ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Which then means if a load of people do turn up based on the back of this and it doesn't happen there'd be hell to pay. You can fling all the "card subject to change" you want at wrestling fans and they'll take it in their stride, but casual attendees are more likely to push for a refund anyway, and recount their bad experience to their friends which could do further damage, unless there's an absolutely amazing show on there to try and make up for the perceived "false advertising."

Just reminds me of Snooki at Wrestlemania

No Celebrity should ever step in a wrestling ring with no experience or training

• Paid Members

True.If there's somebody sufficiently experienced on the roster to carry her through a few spots while the guys do all the work it might not be too bad. Snooki at Mania was like Angle Vs He Who Should Not Be Named at the 2002 Rumble compared to Sharmell Vs Jenna Morasca, though. It'd be a question of booking it right, especially so early in your run. The better idea would be that she rocks up with somebody to wrestle Primate and is in the corner to cheerlead and try to keep the crowd involved.

Archived