5 star wrestling

matty_kissarmy

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Cranks

WWE can’t sell the fucker out. Both ICW and NXT ran at the academy about a 10 min walk away, which is 2000, and neither sold out. 

Edit - see below. Well that’s a head fuck as I’ve been to all of the shows I mentioned above and was positive. Ah well, I stand corrected. Point still stands though.

• Paid Members

Not really the same though, is it @thescottishchamp87

04/20/16: Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle, Tyne And Wear, England, UK -- WWE Live WrestleMania Revenge Tour = 8099

11/06/16: Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle, Tyne And Wear, England, UK -- WWE Live = 7,000

Those are wrestling observer newsletter numbers. 

Oh, and NXT at the arena on Dec 10th 2015 drew 3300.

• Awards Moderator

I was at the Arena for SmackDown last April and managed to get tickets a couple of days before. It was fairly full but nothing like the house shows there in 2004 and 2016.

We got cheap tickets for the NXT show and got upgraded because they were attempting to make it look at least half full. I cannot imagine a non-WWE show getting even near NXT numbers, let alone WWE proper. Or World Wrestling Allstars for that matter. They didn’t have Geordie Shore to piggy back off but they got Bret Hart on Live & Kicking ... or was it SMTV ... anyway, bring back WWA. What was my point?

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

And Big Tel informally to his mates.

One of his mates being the legendary Chas Chandler (Animals bass player and manager of Hendrix). If it wasn’t for him there’s a good chance Big Tel wouldn’t have been born.

Other than using the larger venues, which isn't necessary, but no big deal if it's within the budget, my main 2 questions are - why live and why 3 hours.

1 hour should be the max per week on TV, but also with it being live each week are they flying in Rey Mysterio and then flying him in again next week as well and the week after that, plus all the others each week.  Some may be doing a few other shows and then staying the extra days but even then it's not going to be every week.  Surely doing a 3 week tour on consecutive days and recording 6 months worth of TV shows would have made much more sense.

I have no issue with the amount of imports being used like others seem to.  Who cares.  Wrestlers are wrestlers, no matter where they come from.

It's the 3 hour thing I question the most though.  Even if tonight is brilliant there's no chance I'm watching it for 3 hours every week.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Other than using the larger venues, which isn't necessary, but no big deal if it's within the budget, my main 2 questions are - why live and why 3 hours.

1 hour should be the max per week on TV, but also with it being live each week are they flying in Rey Mysterio and then flying him in again next week as well and the week after that, plus all the others each week.  Some may be doing a few other shows and then staying the extra days but even then it's not going to be every week.  Surely doing a 3 week tour on consecutive days and recording 6 months worth of TV shows would have made much more sense.

It's the 3 hour thing I question the most though.  Even if tonight is brilliant there's no chance I'm watching it for 3 hours every week.

Because that's what WWE do!

If they are intent on doing it live then they should do one live 1 hour episode and film the next 2 to save money on production / talents / flights / sandwiches for all the unpaid videographers and designers they have. 

Or they could have done blocks of studio tapings in Manchester/Birmingham/London/Norwich for a fraction of the cost and had a full series filmed ready to go.

Basically you can start a touring company or you can start a tv show. If you try and do both from scratch you're setting yourself up for a fall. 

However you look at it they are not running it like a business looking to make money.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, thescottishchamp87 said:

A green screen for photo with RVD and Rey Mysterio just seen it on twitter

<Alan partridge.gif> 

Really don't see the point in adding work and using Green Screen for photos because they never look great (The HBK meet and greet ones the other week had some shockers).But From the look of it its Tony Knox doing the photos so they'll be fine.

Archived