The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

Just now, The Maestro said:

Awful scenes at Clapham Common. Pretty silly of people to turn up en masse for a vigil in Covid stricken times with the volume of absurdity turned up to 11 when the boys in blue turn up. What makes it worse is that we saw Rangers fans ran amok in Glasgow last week with little police intervention so people will feel rightly frustrated with yesterday's events.

I’m seeing this comparison a lot and it’s not a valid one. There were multiple arrests made in Glasgow that people seem to be ignoring. Plus one was a celebration and one was a vigil, and it’s a different police force. Saying that I know which gathering had more chance of turning nasty. 

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m seeing this comparison a lot and it’s not a valid one. There were multiple arrests made in Glasgow that people seem to be ignoring. Plus one was a celebration and one was a vigil, and it’s a different police force. Saying that I know which gathering had more chance of turning nasty. 

Variables are different but it's still a mass gathering so naturally people will compare the two. And people will view it as the police clamping down on a softer target rather than treating both the same.

• Paid Members

I'd expect ladies holding a vigil to behave better than drunken Scottish football fans. 

1 minute ago, The Maestro said:

Variables are different but it's still a mass gathering so naturally people will compare the two. And people will view it as the police clamping down on a softer target rather than treating both the same.

I’m in agreement, but the framing of the Glasgow one is how it was all smiles and selfies with no arrests and that isn’t the case. There were something like five or six times the arrests made in Glasgow than Clapham. I’m sure the numbers attending were equally larger but arrests were made and it’s been presented inaccurately. 
Make no mistake, the violent scenes last night are the fault of the police and those who banned the initial vigil. 

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m in agreement, but the framing of the Glasgow one is how it was all smiles and selfies with no arrests and that isn’t the case. There were something like five or six times the arrests made in Glasgow than Clapham. I’m sure the numbers attending were equally larger but arrests were made and it’s been presented inaccurately. 
Make no mistake, the violent scenes last night are the fault of the police and those who banned the initial vigil. 

Ahhhh well I've learned something today then. 

And whilst I understand the cause and why people wanted to attend the vigil, I feel it's wrong to do so in the current climate. However the situation was handled about as badly as it could have been when the police turned up.

1 minute ago, The Maestro said:

Ahhhh well I've learned something today then. 

And whilst I understand the cause and why people wanted to attend the vigil, I feel it's wrong to do so in the current climate. However the situation was handled about as badly as it could have been when the police turned up.

Had the official planned one gone ahead, it would have gone ahead with marshalling and social distancing measures being in place and enforced. Ironically it got cancelled because it didn’t fall under the banner of a protest, there is an exclusion clause for legitimate protests in lockdown because they’ll be socially distant and regulated. 

9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Had the official planned one gone ahead, it would have gone ahead with marshalling and social distancing measures being in place and enforced. Ironically it got cancelled because it didn’t fall under the banner of a protest, there is an exclusion clause for legitimate protests in lockdown because they’ll be socially distant and regulated. 

Whether there are clauses in place or not, its still fairly irresponsible for people to gather in large numbers when we are in the midst of a pandemic, despite the cause. I understand there would have been things in place but that still doesn't sit right with me.

19 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

Whether there are clauses in place or not, its still fairly irresponsible for people to gather in large numbers when we are in the midst of a pandemic, despite the cause. I understand there would have been things in place but that still doesn't sit right with me.

Be that as it may voicing that opinion helps deflect from the true cause and allows the powers that be to switch the narrative. There’ll be plenty of angry gammons raising that point the decent folk don’t need to add to it.

5 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

You don’t need to be a gammon for having reservations about mass gatherings. It’s when you’re selective about which gatherings you have reservations for is the problem. 

100% the rules were set. People including myself were there peacefully then others turned up and hijacked it. The police had to step in at this point.

• Paid Members
Just now, robinbobs said:

Were you there?

I mean I could say I was there. That’s as much proof as you’ve provided. As I said, that’s not what people who were there were saying on Twitter. No hijacking of it. How was it hijacked?

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I mean I could say I was there. That’s as much proof as you’ve provided. As I said, that’s not what people who were there were saying on Twitter. No hijacking of it. How was it hijacked?

People attacked police cars. Gathering no masks no social distance. End of the day these are the same people that complain about the death rates etc etc, all lives matter until it comes time to make a tragic situation all about themselves. The vigil could have easily have been done over Zoom.

Sick of it, just want normality back.

I’ll also add you’ve questioned the validity of my appearance at the March. I was there as I have written that I was there and that makes it true.

Edited by robinbobs