The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Fucking hell. 

See the one that was zoomed in on ... That horrible cunt used to be on my section, I went to his wedding! And his name makes my skill crawl and I get a huge sense of anger pour over me that I never suspected anything was wrong with him.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

See the one that was zoomed in on ... That horrible cunt used to be on my section, I went to his wedding! And his name makes my skill crawl and I get a huge sense of anger pour over me that I never suspected anything was wrong with him.

Glad to see you making a concerted effort to stop making this thread about yourself.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

That sounds horrible. And not dissimilar to how some of us have felt to find out that people we talked to or dealt with have acted (both on here and within British wrestling particularly).

Here's the thing, and I think it's part of why some of us are responding badly to some of your takes. 

When you talked about the guy who 'called himself police', it suggests that you think of the guy who did this as 'not police'. In the same way, I'd guess you'd think of the guy who used to be in your section as 'not police'. But the issue is that they were police, and that people like this are police. It's the same issue the rest of us are having with our own peer groups and society at large - that this is happening in the spaces we are in, and the groups we're in. And we've got to think of this as not being separate to us, but that it's something we are part of and need to have more influence in. It's far too easy to think of people like this as 'different' and separate.

You've described the issues with sexism in the police force that your wife has had to deal with, so you clearly get systemic issues. But I think you're not comfortable with people outside of the police criticising the police. I'd guess this is because you're aware of a lot of the complexities and difficulties involved in this group. 

The problem is that what's happening in the police is the same thing that's happening elsewhere. And your 'you're too ill-educated and prejudiced to possibly understand what being in the police force is like' defensiveness gets in the way of the conversations that need to happen.

That video with all the names on it is both appropriate and scary and somewhat unfair - if you take any employee set of a similar size and picked out offenders like this, you'd likely get pages and pages of people. If it was Tesco, you wouldn't be going 'that's a Tesco problem'. And the police employ more people than McDonalds or Amazon. However, there is the issue that the police should be held to a higher standard, because of course they should. 

What I'd honestly suggest is that the police shouldn't be treated differently to anywhere else. And nor should they be thought of differently. They are serving a society that has a fucked-up attitude towards women, and it's not surprising that there's a lot of fucked-upness within that.

Edited by Chris B

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, deathrey said:

As a woman on the forum, the threads don't bother me at all, in fact I have contributed to them in the past. Did I objectify men? 

There really is nothing wrong with saying a famous women is attractive.  If I posted a photo of myself here and someone said I looked nice, also nothing wrong with that. If someone here decided to bombard me with personal messages saying they found me attractive, I asked them to stop and they continued - that's where something is wrong. Surely the difference there is pretty clear?

Edit: I've had to have a bit of a debate with myself about the line 'I asked them to stop and they continued' because if I'm honest, I think sending a personal message specifiaclly about my appearance borders on to creepy and would make me uncomfortable. I think it would be inappropriate of me to message one of the male posters in that manor so the same stands in the opposite direction. I will leave it there though as some may feel people deserve a chance.

Perfectly worded. I can appreciate good-looking people of both sexes but knowing the boundaries between “God, they’re hot!” and “Phwoar, that needs a good pounding!” is the key. Compliment don’t creep. That’s not objectification.

Like 99% of women I’ve had a few experiences that I’d rather not have had too - falling asleep on a night bus and having some guy try put his hand up my skirt; having a guy lick my shoulder as a come-on in a club even after I’d asked him to leave me alone and left the dance floor to get away from him; making calls to people while walking home so they know where you are and what you’re doing; and I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve pushed my keys between my fingers on the way home just in case

Edited by Monkee

• Paid Members

But if the police had just been there to make sure everybody was OK it wouldn't have turned into this. 

• Paid Members

Though it sounds pretty trivial in comparison to some of the posts in this thread, my wife was walking the dog earlier when two lads she said were about 9 or 10 on bikes spat on her and accused her of abusing our dog. She came home in tears and had to stop me going round to bollock them. Can't even walk the dog without kids harrassing her when you know fine well they wouldn't have dared do that to me.

7 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Though it sounds pretty trivial in comparison to some of the posts in this thread,

It’s easy for me to say but try not to get into what is “Worthy” and what isn’t. It stops abuse and harassment being reported due to a supposed hierarchy. There’s a thought process of limited resources means “Lesser” crimes won’t get reported so it frees up time for more worthy ones. It all feeds into the shit system. 
Im sorry to hear your wife had that happen, and to everyone who shared their experiences. 

• Paid Members

Jesus Christ, the fucking incompetence and idiocy it must take to turn a peaceful vigil into this is mind boggling. And these are the people who are supposed to be protecting us. 

Edited by LaGoosh