The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

My daughter (22) was attacked on her way home from work last year. Three lads walked casually up to her and the workmate, asked if they were local, and then without warning two of them jumped her friend and gave him a kicking (including breaking his jaw) and the other kept her back while telling her not to reach into her pocket for her phone.

They've caught the lads that did it, and they're due in Court in August for 23 offenses each, mostly centred around assault and ABH, but also knives and robberies with imitation firearms, so could have been much worse.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

My daughter (22) was attacked on her way home from work last year. Three lads walked casually up to her and the workmate, asked if they were local, and then without warning two of them jumped her friend and gave him a kicking (including breaking his jaw) and the other kept her back while telling her not to reach into her pocket for her phone.

They've caught the lads that did it, and they're due in Court in August for 23 offenses each, mostly centred around assault and ABH, but also knives and robberies with imitation firearms, so could have been much worse.

That's absolutely horrific. And it's terrifying that a story like that can leave you thinking 'could have been so much worse'.

• Paid Members

What makes it worse is that it was literally (traditional definition) at the bottom of our street, and I only live at number 11, so 30 yards away maybe? Practically under my nose and I had no idea.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chris B said:

"You claim to be against harrassment and sexual assault, and yet you acknowledge you find some people attractive. Check and Mate."

72372597.thumb.jpg.5f8e3bb72690b30f8701d71fac3b5ad9.jpg

Cooper's Levels you fucking morons.

Something my wife had trained in extensively in her role, and wanted to go further into before she dared to have children and was discriminated against because of her sex to the point she had to leave the Force due to potential loss of sight through Optic Neuritis brought about through stress.

I adore her passion in this field, and the education she's helped me receive through proxy.

But I'm a copper so somehow am on the side of rapists and murderers? Go fuck yourself. What cause that cunt who called himself police held a warrant card I'll be on his side? Fuck yourself some more.

You understand that before my career comes my wife and my two daughters? That's my real life, and I want safety, opportunity and what's best for them more than anything else on this planet?

No you don't because you're blinded by your ill educated prejudices.

13 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

What cause that cunt who called himself police held a warrant card I'll be on his side?

He didn't just call himself police, he WAS police, a really important factor in this horrific incident where a woman was murdered. Thats the most important thing here.

And I don't think anyone thinks you're on his side. That would be ridiculous. But your post comes across as quite narcissistic in that you've turned it around to be about yourself.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Cooper's Levels you fucking morons.

Something my wife had trained in extensively in her role, and wanted to go further into before she dared to have children and was discriminated against because of her sex to the point she had to leave the Force due to potential loss of sight through Optic Neuritis brought about through stress.

I adore her passion in this field, and the education she's helped me receive through proxy.

You might need to ask her to explain it again and listen more carefully this time. Assuming you're talking about these Cooper's levels, https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/307220, the first level is aesthetic appreciation - but it's clearly about directed aesthetic appreciation.

What would be a much more accurate version of what you're talking about would be if there was a thread about the women on the forum. That would absolutely be an example of harrassment. Most of us understand that. 

If any of us were to say exactly the same things on, say, twitter to any of the women involved? That would be harassment, absolutely. Is it an entirely pleasant aspect? No. But thirst threads are hardly an unusual or specifically male thing on the internet, and they're generally fairly mild on here. There haven't been hard and fast rules on leching in other threads, but it's not really something that happens often here. In terms of how they might make women members on here specifically feel is absolutely a fair question - but it's not down to you to declare them inappropriate in quite a smug way.

You're kind of on the right edges of things - objectification is an issue in society. But the 'god, that celebrity is hot' level objectification is a different thing to the 'you're too hot to be a scientist' level. And the general 'male gaze' aspect of the patriarchy is absolutely an issue as well. But talking about attractive celebrities (on a fan forum) is totally different to doing this in a directed way in the environment the subject of the discussions are in.

Edited by Chris B

As a woman on the forum, the threads don't bother me at all, in fact I have contributed to them in the past. Did I objectify men? 

There really is nothing wrong with saying a famous women is attractive.  If I posted a photo of myself here and someone said I looked nice, also nothing wrong with that. If someone here decided to bombard me with personal messages saying they found me attractive, I asked them to stop and they continued - that's where something is wrong. Surely the difference there is pretty clear?

Edit: I've had to have a bit of a debate with myself about the line 'I asked them to stop and they continued' because if I'm honest, I think sending a personal message specifiaclly about my appearance borders on to creepy and would make me uncomfortable. I think it would be inappropriate of me to message one of the male posters in that manor so the same stands in the opposite direction. I will leave it there though as some may feel people deserve a chance.

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

He didn't just call himself police, he WAS police, a really important factor in this horrific incident where a woman was murdered. Thats the most important thing here.

And I don't think anyone thinks you're on his side. That would be ridiculous. But your post comes across as quite narcissistic in that you've turned it around to be about yourself.

Especially considering it was a post immediately after another forum member talked about coppers harrassing his daughter on a day a copper was arrested for harrassment, flashing, kidnapping and murder. That's a big part of why it came across as deflection, considering how fast Teedy has been to defend controversial police action in previous threads, and around sensitive issues.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

That's so gross. 

I wouldn't be shocked by it. My sister was getting the same in her school uniform In her early/pre teens, and I've worked on jobs where I've seen it happen to other girls. Ironically enough normally by the same fellas who spent the dinner break going on at length about how they hate Nonces and describing in detail how they should be killed. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

I am not deflecting anything, just pointing out that there is a thread on this very forum that labels women (or men) that are posted within it as "hotties" which can easily be construed as offensive and objectification.

I dunno what's worse really. A few of us saying, "Phwoar" on here tongue in cheek (somewhat problematic, I'd agree) or the failure of the police force to protect women from fucking bad uns, and possibly be responsible for very badun stuff at the moment.

It's a real thinker. 

Edited by PowerButchi

4 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

You understand that before my career comes my wife and my two daughters? That's my real life, and I want safety, opportunity and what's best for them more than anything else on this planet?

And unmarried childless people couldn’t possibly want that also? Did you not want that for women before you signed up? I dare say it was a big part of your decision.