UFC 216: Ferguson vs Lee

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
36 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Lentz/Brooks is off

Nik Lentz didn’t make weight, also Kevin Lee came onto the scale 1lb over.

So, Lee can't win the belt if he beats Ferguson?

Ariel Helwani‏Verified account @arielhelwani  2h2 hours ago

I fear it's going to take a serious injury or even death for something to change in this sport. Need more weight classes ... yesterday. 125, 135, 145, 155, 165, 175, 185 etc. Instead of fake interim belts, just do that! Easy and healthy. What's taking so long?

• Paid Members

Whilst it's one of those ideas that sounds great on paper, and for sporting integrity should have been in play a long time ago - I'm not so sure if in practice it will help. At least not for a while. I'd expect that until the mindsets of fighters change, that the people that can make 170, would instead say "I can make 165", and come from the same starting weight. There need to be other things in play as well, such as regular out of competition weight checks and medicals. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, D@mm said:

The last thing MMA needs is to dilute their weight divisions like Boxing have done.

the issue with boxing isnt so much the amount of weight classes its the amount of titles in each weight class.

• Paid Members

Yeah, if there was one champion in each weight class in boxing, the amount of titles wouldn't be such a big thing for me. 

I've always thought there's enough titles but at this point they might as well just create more. If it limits the amount of silly interims down to when they're actually warranted then I'm all for it. And if it even slightly decreases the amount of weight cutting (it'd have to a bit, right?) then I think it's worth it. 

I don't know why they UFC haven't done it already , to be honest. With their 'PPVs must be headlined by a title fight' obsession you'd think more champs would suit them just fine. 

• Paid Members

Matt Serra got pranked on his podcast, thought he was speaking to Tony Ferguson and it gets a bit awkward;

Could've done without them all congratulating themselves after but I love Serra's initial reaction when he realises what's gone on. "YOU MOTHAFUCKAS!!"

• Paid Members

Think when VanZant vs Eye fell out they just shoved it in that position. It is weird though considering no-one knows who the fuck they are and there are more PPV worthy fights (basically, all of them) lower down the card. 

Archived