UFC 216: Ferguson vs Lee

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ha.

Yeah, I think both men have done a good job hyping the fight too. I still think it's a massive upset if Lee wins, like, but it's part of the charm of this fight. Lee the young up-and-comer with all the raw potential in the world to be a superstar, against maybe the best P4P non-champ in the UFC.

Also, two of the better nicknames in the sport. El Cucuy v The Mowtown Phenom.

• Paid Members

spot on Bollocks.

I think both Ferguson & Lee need to be commended for the job they've done here. Both guys are highlighting their first PPV in their first title shots and both guys are coming off like big deals. You may not like what they say, you may think both men dress like bellends, but you can't deny that they are grabbing the spotlight and doing a cracking job promoting what was to many people, a fight not worthy of it's billing when it was made.

Props to both.

• Paid Members

It's a great fight but I really can't stand either one of them. It's part of the reason I want McGregor to face the winner (although I still think Ferguson is a tricky one for Conor). 

I've been meaning to get into the hype stuff for this but haven't got around to it, so thanks for the vids Bollocks. I'll give them a look later.

• Paid Members

I hope Lee beats Ferguson but definitely make Ferguson a clear favourite here. I also think Ferguson is a very difficult fight for McGregor should that fight happen, possibly a more dangerous fight for McGregor than a Khabib one would be. Partly because against Ferguson I don't think there is as clear a path to victory for Conor as against Khabib.

Against Khabib it's simple: keep it standing, McGregor wins. Fail to do so and he'll lose. 

If Lee wins this fight tomorrow night I think there's more of a chance McGregor fights him in a unification bout. If Ferguson wins I expect Conor will try and encourage Ferguson/Khabib as an eliminator first, while he calls for Nate Diaz to come out of the wilderness. 

If GSP wasn't fucking about with Michael Bisping though, McGregor vs Saint-Pierre would have been huge. As it is now, I'm not sure we'll ever get that fight.

• Paid Members

Yeah, with Ferguson, I think, at his very worst, he's McGregor's equal at every part of the fight game (although I give Ferguson the edge in a lot of areas - areas which are huge fight-losing aspects of McGregor's game).

With Khabib v Conor, it's like a lightweight version of Hunt v Lesnar, where both mens strengths are the others weakness.

Lee is still raw potential. Khabib and Ferguson are pretty much at their peak, where as Lee is still probably going to get much much better. Lee has even said, in the build up, even if he loses, it's a great test and he can go back to camp and workout his faults to attain the sort of level Ferguson is currently operating at.

I think this fight is tremendous, obvs.

Archived