General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Matic looked fantastic today. Bossed the game. Pogba and Matic looked incredible together. I said a few months back, if this United side is going to do anything then the players they have need to step up as much as there needed to be new aditions. If you get Rashford, Martial and Lukaku firing with Pogba and Matic doing the business, in midfield you could see a really exciting United side.

Has to be said that United looked very good today, solid, balanced, powerful and played with a purpose. Last few years it felt like something was missing but everything seemed to flow together for them today. Can definitely see United & City running away with it this year. City looked very slick as well, its hard to see either of these two dropping points at home this season. 

• Awards Moderator
13 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

It's shit seeing an ex midfielder bossing it when we're so bare-bones in that department.

https://twitter.com/Gilwut/status/896678868265955333

Come home Ruben!

He was the only positive in the match on Saturday. Very impressed throughout and despite the rest of the team playing like Billy Smart's Circus, he was composed, competitive and looked far too good to be involved in that display.

Frank's got a lot of work to do if he thinks his system will work with Joel Ward and Scott Dann, so hopefully he'll have a plan B, whether it's new players or a formation that won't expose the defence like it did on Saturday.

• Paid Members

So it's just been announced that Barcelona are buying Paulinho for around £40m. 

Wasn't he sold by Spurs a couple of seasons ago? Seems a really odd signing for a club Barca's size.

• Paid Members

Yep, they signed him for £20m+ or so if I recall and then sold him for £10m. He's definitely a good player, started well at Spurs before turning to shite. He's always been a solid hand for Brazil too, he was immense during the 2011 Confed Cup. He'll presumably be back-up for Busquets, unless they look at playing both in some games- which will probably infuriate the Barca fans and press.

So in our fantasy football league as well as our usual teams i've also entered a 'Rubbish XI' just to see if it can outscore a mate of ours who has no idea about football, this is what i have so far, any useless players to recommend/changes  (sadly Pape Souare is still injured)

Gomes 

Chambers, Collins, Dummett, Bardsley

Shelvey, Fellaini, Delph, Adam,

Crouch, Janssen

Archived