General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Awards Moderator
12 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I still rate Rooney very highly. Yes, he isn't what he was and his failure to adapt to a new role has probably tarnished him in the minds of some but I reckon he'll do great back at Everton. Another signing that shows that Everton mean business this season. Have they had some new influx of cash or is it just that the TV rights deal is so massive now that every club has oodles of cash?

I wonder if we will get Ross Barkley now  

Moshiri came in last year; he's opened the chequebook this summer it seems. He bought the Liver Building a few months ago, basically because he probably went for a pint with a Blue and they thought it would be a good wind-up on the Reds.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm pleased for Rooney and hope it doesn't end in a bit of a disaster. It speaks for itself that United fans are fine with him leaving, and that there was little in the way of criticism, when Mourinho benched him for a big part of the season. No idea what Everton can do to get out of him, because he looked knackered last season.

It's weird typing the club's all-time goal scorer didn't fulfill his full potential, but as others have rightly pointed out, there was something dynamic and different about Rooney during his early years. It also shows the huge expectation placed on him from such a young age, people just expected him to become the best player in the world, but instead he only managed to break a few records and win plenty of trophies.

Woof!

20 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Moshiri came in last year; he's opened the chequebook this summer it seems. He bought the Liver Building a few months ago, basically because he probably went for a pint with a Blue and they thought it would be a good wind-up on the Reds.

That's a bold statement Frankie.

Is there a shout that Rooney was the best 18 year old ever? Or at least since Pele? The impact he had at Euro 2004 followed by his debut hat trick for United (which made him the youngest ever to score a CL hat trick) is astonishing for one so young.

As a United supporter myself, it was a bit gutting to see Wayne Rooney in another club's kit this morning, even though we all knew it was coming. No, he isn't what he once was and he's definitely not worth the £350,000 a week that he's been earning. But he's still the club's record goalscorer and associated with perhaps the greatest period of success in the club's history and our greatest ever side in 2008-2010.

I think he's handled the last couple of seasons with the utmost dignity, something that I would have never considered him capable of beforehand. He never complained when Mourinho let him know he was no longer first choice, never pressured for a move away, worked his bollocks off when called upon in one of the most frustrating periods United have suffered in my lifetime. I'm glad he was able to cap off his final season with a couple of trophies and now he's going home having won it all and done it all so his kids can see him playing for the club he loves before he hangs the boots up. What a fairytale for him - and at only 31, there's no reason why he can't have more success at Everton. He certainly won't be under the same pressure and media microscope there as he was at Man United. I hope he batters in goals for them, just not against us.

Unfulfilled potential? Maybe, but his career has been glittering nonetheless, he's left United supporters with many happy memories of him, written himself into the record books for club and country and won every honour that a footballer can achieve while spending his career in England. I think he can be satisfied with that.

• Paid Members

It's no picture of Jocky Wilson on Top Of The Pops but fair play to The Herald for putting a picture of Stormzy on its back page instead of Lukaku. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40556229/irish-newspaper-mistakes-stormzy-for-new-manchester-united-player-romelu-lukaku?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Oliver Ntcham is apparently joining Celtic from Man City. Basically spent his time at Genoa. Anybody know if he is any good or is this just a hit and hope signing? Some may have watched some Serie A and seen him. Genoa had the option to buy but obviously decided against. Is there any reason why?

• Paid Members

He was barely noticeable at Genoa, not really a regular starter but I don't recall him doing anything terrible. So he'll probably ace it in Scotland.

Archived