General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
6 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Jurgen Klopp's assistant has quit Liverpool after a bust up with the manager. "Buvac the Brain" was his nickname. Which makes you wonder if Klopp poured water on his head like when Perfect told Heenan to fuck off.

Klopp always needs a right good wash.

Whole "Gerrard to Rangers" is like the "Souness to Rangers" talk was back in the day. Souness probably could have managed Liverpool earlier. Rangers were on their arse at the time as well. I hope Dave King doesn't think lightning can strike twice.

• Paid Members

I said some time ago that Celtic is Hitman Rodgers perfect job. He'll win the title every year at a canter, lose massively in Europe and face almost no decent competition during the intervening periods. He wants nothing more than to look at himself in the mirror and pretend that he's the best manager on earth. Going to a club where he isn't playing Football Manager with the in game editor switched on destroys all of that. 

I've posted this in the past, but this is one of my favourite football stories. Perfectly encapsulates everything about the person telling it:

“I remember sitting in a bit of traffic in the Clyde Tunnel. There was an incident which meant all the cars were stopped.

“I saw this guy coming out of his car in a blue top and I thought, ‘Here we go’.

“But he said, ‘I just wanted to say thank you for coming up to Scottish football. I’m a Rangers supporter but you’re a breath of fresh air up here’.

• Awards Moderator
On 4/29/2018 at 11:59 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Jurgen Klopp's assistant has quit Liverpool after a bust up with the manager. "Buvac the Brain" was his nickname. Which makes you wonder if Klopp poured water on his head like when Perfect told Heenan to fuck off.

A bit of noise gathering that he's in talks to take over at Arsenal. Being reported by Pravda BL, who initially reported when he first moved to Liverpool.

Really? I figured he might be in the frame for the Dortmund job or something but that's a move out of the leftfield if true. I'm guessing if that's true then Arsenal will be going full continental with their back stage set up.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

A bit of noise gathering that he's in talks to take over at Arsenal. Being reported by Pravda BL, who initially reported when he first moved to Liverpool.

Also reported today by a few of the papers today (all of which I wouldn't wipe my arse with- Sun, Mail etc)- Rui Faria could rock up at Arsenal as their next manager.

Fuck the fuck off. That's got 'send in the mole' written all over it.

Graham Murty has left Rangers. Wonder if he will go back to their U-18s set up or will he just go and coach at another club. His win percentage was about 62% whereas Caixinha only had about 50%. Considering he had to play with another manager's set of players (bar a few loans he got) he didn't do badly but not great either which is what a club the size of Rangers want. In Glasgow 2nd is last and many Old Firm managers have found that out the hard way.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Also reported today by a few of the papers today (all of which I wouldn't wipe my arse with- Sun, Mail etc)- Rui Faria could rock up at Arsenal as their next manager.

Fuck the fuck off. That's got 'send in the mole' written all over it.

Yeah, that's laughable. All of the reliable sources are clear that it's going to be Neil Warnock. 

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Graham Murty has left Rangers. Wonder if he will go back to their U-18s set up or will he just go and coach at another club. His win percentage was about 62% whereas Caixinha only had about 50%. Considering he had to play with another manager's set of players (bar a few loans he got) he didn't do badly but not great either which is what a club the size of Rangers want. In Glasgow 2nd is last and many Old Firm managers have found that out the hard way.

It comes as no great shock, considering they're lining up Stevie G for the role.

Gerrard VS Rodgers, my god. It's like a RAWK wet dream.

• Paid Members

Seems odd they might go for Buvac. If you want former Klopp proteges, David Wagner trained under him too, but also has full managerial experience. I know things don't work that way, but given Buvac's lack of full experience, it would be a strange appointment for a club of Arsenal's stature to make.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

It comes as no great shock, considering they're lining up Stevie G for the role.

Gerrard VS Rodgers, my god. It's like a RAWK wet dream.

Yeah but I thought they may wait out the season, are they that scared they will come 4th? Then again Murty may take some relief as he has taken a lot of blame for this season.

Archived