General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Phil Neville is a massive spod. Tries desperately to be cool and interesting and fails miserably. Quite evident that he spends every minute of his life in awareness that his brother is better than him at everything worthwhile. Probably does Dermot O'Leary's gimpy X Factor dance when getting out of the shower. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is such a difficult pick as there are so many crap pundits due to the amount of football matches on the tele on different channels. Garth Crooks is up there, but I think that could be because he has been around since I was a kid and always thought he was bad but there are some pathetic ones around. Redknapp is such a dumb arse, Savage gets on my tits and comes across as self righteous, Sutton is pretty bad and gets angry when other pundits disagree with him. i find Match of the Day horrible to watch (rarely watch it anymore) due to none of the people on it being watchable.

Redknapp has to he the worst. He's just a muppet in a nice suit that offers nothing apart from giving the bored housewives who are forced to watch Super Sunday a bit of eye candy. Dreadful.

Robbie Savage is pretty bad on BT Sport. Very opinionated without being in possession of the facts. There was a great bit a while ago where he was knocking the Aberdeen team and then Sutton challenged him to name an Aberdeen player. He couldn't. 

• Paid Members

The only good bits of punditry I have seen over the past year are MNF with Carragher and Neville, the occasional BT bit with Ferdinand and Lampard and Jermain Jenus being ripped to shreds after having a massive paddy about Chelsea beating Spurs in the FA cup semi-final. 

• Paid Members

Gus, have you ever watched that programme on Sky Sports where Gary Neville and someone else (usually Carra, I think) sit on Nev's sofa watching an old football match? It's well worth watching. I watched one episode when Neville and Carragher are watching an old Liverpool/United match where they both played, and Neville was furious looking back at his performance with Carragher ripping the piss out of him. Good fun.

• Paid Members

I rather liked Jermaine Jenas, he goes into a lot of technical detail without making it too dry.

Best punditry is clearly Neville, closely followed by Carragher, and Paul Scholes has been pretty decent whenever he's been on.

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Captain Obvious himself, Andy Townsend. A waste of space. He's a football equivalent of mansplaining.

Great shout that! The amount of times he says 'clive' over the course of a game haha

Robbie Earle also, but luckily only have to suffer him when streaming Saturday games from the US these days.

For the best, I quite enjoy Shearer, Neville and Henry.

1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

The only good bits of punditry I have seen over the past year are MNF with Carragher and Neville, the occasional BT bit with Ferdinand and Lampard and Jermain Jenus being ripped to shreds after having a massive paddy about Chelsea beating Spurs in the FA cup semi-final. 

"Threw a massive paddy"

Like something my dad would hear working on the building sites in Swindon in the 70's!

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

I rather liked Jermaine Jenas, he goes into a lot of technical detail without making it too dry.

Your jokes are getting so bad they look like serious comments.

Aside from Redknapp, it's a toss-up for me between Crooks and Danny Murphy. Crooks knows he's a tit and plays up to it in a terrible manner, but Murphy is just unbearable. 

• Paid Members

Maybe I just caught him on a couple of good days! I remember seeing him a couple of seasons ago as a pundit for a Spurs match, and he spoke with confidence and in detail regarding the defensive mistakes and so on. Perhaps he's just very good at bullshitting, I don't know.

Archived