Developmental

kamicazze

Having seen so many called up from NXT development recently become successful. I was wondering who people think in the last 12 years (post orton, Brock, cena & Batista) who could have really benefitted from this platform?

I think Elijah Burke for 1- great promo, yet was found wanting on the main roster in ring

dolph ziggler - needed to get his personality over and more promo time 

• Paid Members

Who's come through NXT to find success on the main roster that wasn't already an experienced and successful performer on the independent circuit? In other words, how many successful call ups were actually 'developed' in NXT as it currently operates? There can't be many at all. Wyatt and Rusev are probably the top two.

Baron Corbin is another, although he developed much more once he was called up than he ever seemed to in NXT.

Mostly it's just been women and tag teams though. NXT's determination to be the best indie fed has relied on indie names at the top of the card, which hurt the chances of any homegrown talent reaching the top spot there.

• Awards Moderator

The obvious one who's benefitted from the current developmental system is Tye Dillinger. He's a guy who was in the old developmental system as Shawn Spears, got called up with the name change (I think) of Gavin, and failed. Second time round in the current developmental system, he might not be lighting the world on fire on SmackDown, but he's on the shows, he's got a following, he's established and doesn't look in danger of being fired again any time soon.

Brent Albright's probably one who'd have done better in the current system. He was one of my favourites when I used to watch Heyman's OVW, but as soon as Gunner Scott showed up on SmackDown he was just out of his depth. Getting shoved in a body bag by Great Khali is the only thing I remember about him and I'm not even sure that happened. He'd have probably got Full Sail behind him if he'd had an American Alpha/Revival kind of vibe about him.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Rosler28 said:

Ambrose, Reigns, Rollins, Wyatt, Paige, Neville, American Alpha are all doing pretty well for themselves coming up

Reigns, Wyatt, and American Alpha are products of developmental, but the other 3 really aren't. Ambrose wrestled for 7 years on the indies, Paige wrestled all over Europe, and Neville was a DG regular as well as working in America before signing. If you are claiming they are products of developmental then you may as well claim Shinsuke Nakamura is as well. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Rosler28 said:

Ambrose, Reigns, Rollins, Wyatt, Paige, Neville, American Alpha are all doing pretty well for themselves coming up

Wouldn't agree on this part. If AA were to pack it in tomorrow, you could summarise their main roster tenure as a flop and missed opportunity.

The one thing that sticks out to me is there's no one on either Raw or Smackdown that you could even call a star. Randy Orton yes, Cena yes but other than that there's no one. Just rosters full of regular looking men and women, people that could walk through a supermarket and not even get stopped.

Scary how far the wrestling business has fallen from where it was 30 years ago, to 20 years ago even till 10 years ago. Even 2007 till now. I will quote Disco Inferno from Friday, we are lucky as wrestling fans to be able to say that the biggest actor in the world used to be a wrestler and did it for several years. In 5 to 10 years from now and beyond, who there is gonna do anything other than wrestle? No one. Bar a handful, literally a handful, literally a number you can count on one hand, they are all shite. They're just pure shite and that's it. And it's not creative, it's not the booking, it's everything, they can't talk, no one raises their voice, their dialogue is bad, they can't work safely, everyone is hitting each other for real in what is supposed to be a work. They seem to get this from Japanese wrestling which is what they do over there, that's where they get all this kicking each other in the face stuff from, they all like to kick each other in the face and dive through the ropes and no sell everything.

And what Japanese wrestler ever did anything on this side of the world. That's a good point Disco made, plenty of Americans go to Japan and work on top, how many from Japan come to America and work on top? None. But yet the American wrestlers want to be like them lol. They don't come to this part of the world and make money do they? Same with this Shenmue Wackybacky from NXT that's on Smackdown. He's not gonna work on top in WWE. The American audience wont buy into it, no one from Japan has ever been a household name in America. Same with the Mexicans. People that work under a mask or can't speak English don't get over in America. And yet for the people born there now, that's what they're all into. Diving through the ropes. Flipping and flopping. Kicking each other in the head and face for real. No selling. They're looking at what is basically circus novelty acts and trying to perform it in America and no one's caring apart from the small niche wrestling die hards that will always watch.

Wrestling will never be popular again, not in my lifetime, not in your lifetime, not in your kids' lifetime. Wrestling will never be mainstream ever again. The numbers keep going down, the interest keeps going down. It's over with. It's like Eastenders or The Simpsons, it's chugging along on TV for the sake of being there and getting a good enough audience to keep it on the air and make enough money to keep it on the air. That's it. No one from Developmental is gonna do anything or change anything. They are all just regular looking men and women that for some weird fetish reason think they are Japanese or Mexican and want to kick everyone in the face and dive through the ropes, if only they knew, if only they had a parent or loved one to sit them down and tell them to go and get a real job. At 16 years old in this country you can get married, get a council house, have kids, work a job. Don't waste your life thinking your Japanse and thinking you're a big shot when you're shite. Everyone knows you're shite. The average man at home can take you in a real fight. Don't waste your time. Go get a real job with a steady income and do as you are told.

• Moderators

Shenmue Wackybacky has a winning record in MMA doesn't he? As such he wins fights and therefore on the RussoScotsMeter is a real man and thus is a walking boom period despite being from Japland. I think. 

17 hours ago, scotswizard said:

The one thing that sticks out to me is there's no one on either Raw or Smackdown that you could even call a star. Randy Orton yes, Cena yes but other than that there's no one. Just rosters full of regular looking men and women, people that could walk through a supermarket and not even get stopped.

Scary how far the wrestling business has fallen from where it was 30 years ago, to 20 years ago even till 10 years ago. Even 2007 till now. I will quote Disco Inferno from Friday, we are lucky as wrestling fans to be able to say that the biggest actor in the world used to be a wrestler and did it for several years. In 5 to 10 years from now and beyond, who there is gonna do anything other than wrestle? No one. Bar a handful, literally a handful, literally a number you can count on one hand, they are all shite. They're just pure shite and that's it. And it's not creative, it's not the booking, it's everything, they can't talk, no one raises their voice, their dialogue is bad, they can't work safely, everyone is hitting each other for real in what is supposed to be a work. They seem to get this from Japanese wrestling which is what they do over there, that's where they get all this kicking each other in the face stuff from, they all like to kick each other in the face and dive through the ropes and no sell everything.

And what Japanese wrestler ever did anything on this side of the world. That's a good point Disco made, plenty of Americans go to Japan and work on top, how many from Japan come to America and work on top? None. But yet the American wrestlers want to be like them lol. They don't come to this part of the world and make money do they? Same with this Shenmue Wackybacky from NXT that's on Smackdown. He's not gonna work on top in WWE. The American audience wont buy into it, no one from Japan has ever been a household name in America. Same with the Mexicans. People that work under a mask or can't speak English don't get over in America. And yet for the people born there now, that's what they're all into. Diving through the ropes. Flipping and flopping. Kicking each other in the head and face for real. No selling. They're looking at what is basically circus novelty acts and trying to perform it in America and no one's caring apart from the small niche wrestling die hards that will always watch.

Wrestling will never be popular again, not in my lifetime, not in your lifetime, not in your kids' lifetime. Wrestling will never be mainstream ever again. The numbers keep going down, the interest keeps going down. It's over with. It's like Eastenders or The Simpsons, it's chugging along on TV for the sake of being there and getting a good enough audience to keep it on the air and make enough money to keep it on the air. That's it. No one from Developmental is gonna do anything or change anything. They are all just regular looking men and women that for some weird fetish reason think they are Japanese or Mexican and want to kick everyone in the face and dive through the ropes, if only they knew, if only they had a parent or loved one to sit them down and tell them to go and get a real job. At 16 years old in this country you can get married, get a council house, have kids, work a job. Don't waste your life thinking your Japanse and thinking you're a big shot when you're shite. Everyone knows you're shite. The average man at home can take you in a real fight. Don't waste your time. Go get a real job with a steady income and do as you are told.

Wait, I'm confused about the post. So the cops knew internal affairs were setting them up?

Archived