ITV World of Sport: Tapings postponed until July?

Psygnosis

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I’m excited to discover what will join “cream and sugar” and “cheese and crackers” in Val’s repertoire of family friendly food related exclamatories. 50p on “spam bacon eggs and spam”.

I'm going for "CHEESE ON" or "KWESH", then 7 different camera angles of Alex Shane doing the imaginary bollocks dance.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, TATTA said:

Alex Shane blinks far too much when he's on camera..  i think he might be trying to do morse code....

Translate the dots and dashes and you get:

"It was me, Jon Farrer! It was me all along!"

• Paid Members

ITV2 by next week? 

Does anyone know if WWE's deal with Sky for new shows is exclusive? I'd imagine it must be, if it wasn't you would have thought they would have gotten a non-sky home for WWE UK by now. If ITV had decided against reviving WOS and instead put WWE UK on their station, would it have worked? Could it have happened with the current Sky deal?

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, WeeAl said:

ITV2 by next week? 

Assuming the run even finishes.

• Paid Members

The columnist's name is Graeme Virtue. Given he's writing for the Guardian, he could easily have a regular column of his own, sarcastically titled "Virtue Signalling".

Alex Shane busted out some nonsense about if this was on VHS, he’d be telling us to rewind and watch that move again. Because of course we no longer have the technology to rewind anything. Then So Cal Val chimes in adding “what’s a VHS?”

Then there was this diamond - ““There’s only 1 guarantee in a Will Osprey match, and that’s that it’s never over”- so is his still wrestling his debut match?

Shane also referred to Nathan Cruz as ‘The Showstealer’. Would have been a good chance to talk about how Nathan got that name, right? Nah, just move on

Usual problems, it’s all been said

I thought this was by far the most entertaining episode yet (could be down to the fact i didn't hear any of the commentary due to my kids running around screaming the entire episode). Good opener with the women, excellent match between ospreay and Smith, well told story in the tag match and a perfectly ok main event. What more do i need from a wrestling show on a Saturday night before the ritual piss up?!

• Paid Members

I've not watched any of this outside the pilot last year which I didn't think was great, but it came up at a house party I was at today and the unanimous opinion from those who saw it was that it was shit. Was a mix of older lads who remember actual World of Sport, and people who've only seen WWE and smarter fans who watch NJPW and more indy stuff. Nobody had anything good to say about it.

Archived