ITV World of Sport: Tapings postponed until July?

Psygnosis

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First impressions are so important and I think they fucked those up. The finish of the first match wasn't clear enough. It seemed to be a struggle for the production crew to work on a five man match straight away. I assume the reason there were so many cuts is because some shots were missed? Having said that, there was a part in Ospreay vs. Smith where they had a perfectly good shot, cut away and went back to that same shot when they could have kept it as it was. I think they were trying to start fast paced to retain whoever would be tuning in but it just became a blur.

Commentary was cringeworthy. Alex Shane was awful and SoCal Val didn't contribute anything particularly with her comments. The audio levels also seemed to be shoddy for this. The laughter at something Grado said at the start was amateur.

The tag match was good. Kip Sabian is very suited to this - great facial expressions, great look, plays the little shit well. He stood out to me for sure.

The show got better as it went on but I fear that they've probably fucked it with a load of people who tuned in when it started. The first episode is crucial so I'm not filled with hope for it.

• Paid Members

Much better than the pilot, but the direction wasn’t the greatest. Constantly seemed to be missing things (i.e. a dive from the main event). But definitely an improvement and heading in the right direction, and will be watching again next week.

• Paid Members

I wasn’t paying too much attention but from what I saw this was a solid show that fit the Saturday afternoon time slot perfectly. The quick camera cuts, jarring mid-match edits and constant crowd shots were a bit much, but overall I thought this was good for wat it was supposed to be.

That may have also been Harry Smith’s best match ever. This show is Will Ospreay’s to steal.

• Paid Members

A really enjoyable show, decent in ring action, nice character development with Kirby walking out on Hendry setting him up as a heel, but CREAM AND SUGAR the commentary was pretty gash. Alex fackin Shane sounded like someone doing a bad impression of a commentator and SoCal Val added nothing, apart from a dig about Alex Shane' s baldness. Stu Bennett was good but he has a lot of TV experience. 

The only other highlight for me came earlier today when my mum referred to Grado as that Scottish Wrestler Gaydoor. 

Will definitely give it another watch, not perfect but worth watching next week. 

The matches themselves were fine, although hard to invest or care about Martin Kirby turning on partner Joe Hendry having been a tag team for all of 5 minutes

Commentry was poor, but having said that I’m glad Jim Ross isn’t back either. Alex Shane had a couple of right shockers. “Adam Maxstead, 19stone of pure muscle”, shut up man! Brock Lesnars 20stone and he’s three times the size of that lad even when he hasn’t been banging the roids.

The camera work seems to be the thing coming in for most criticism, and it was really choppy, frantic in places and some zonking big edits too.

Some people are already on Twitter moaning about there being no women’s match. Don’t give everything away in the first episode

On the plus side- they’ve got a decent name as a sponsor and the ad breaks were full of known brands, so ITV will be happy with that. There references to the old WOS, but not too many which is good. If this is all about the new generation, then banging on about the past is going to kill it from the off. I will be watching again next week, hoping that the editing will be a little more forgiving

Them mentioning the old Wos was often them saying we'll look what it has become, these guys are better. 

People really moaning about no women's match? They mentioned it at the end that they were playing a big part for next week. I think that will main event. Surprised they are giving away a ladder match so quickly but I suppose they have to give reason to come back next week 

Ospreay vs. Bulldog Jr. was a fun sprint. Good little Ospreay showcase. Enjoyed the main event as well. Rampage as champ would make for good tv. Tag match was okay, with Hendry coming off well. The opener I thought was bad - lame DQ, a botch and a non-finish. That's not the way to make a good first impression. Overall though, it was a decent show. I like a lot of the guys on the roster so I'll be tuning in next week as well.

48 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I wasn’t paying too much attention but from what I saw this was a solid show that fit the Saturday afternoon time slot perfectly. The quick camera cuts, jarring mid-match edits and constant crowd shots were a bit much, but overall I thought this was good for wat it was supposed to be.

That may have also been Harry Smith’s best match ever. This show is Will Ospreay’s to steal.

Maybe I’m in the minority but Will Ospreay didn’t show me anything why there is so much hype surrounding him.

it was an ok show it but could've been better, as pointed out the constant cut a ways, missed spots and the iffy misplaced edits during the match kind of ruined the in ring action, it honesly felt kevin dunn was producing the show, the commentary audio levels was way too loud and the ring ropes looked weird.

was that a bigger ring than the normal standard ones?

Well I thought it was a bloody good effort. There was always going to be an ITV Gladiators/Catchphrase stank about it going in but I think they did really well.

Camera cuts were suspect, replays really quick following moves and easily predicated but the latter was part of the charm.

A good family friendly show, fun stuff.

Looking forward to next week.

• Paid Members

I’m fascinated by the idea that they couldn’t say, “Cheeky Nandos,” and had to change it to, “Cheeky Fernandos.” Is that really a legal thing? Could Nandos sue?

Just now, Supremo said:

I’m fascinated by the idea that they couldn’t say, “Cheeky Nandos,” and had to change it to, “Cheeky Fernandos.” Is that really a legal thing? Could Nandos sue?

They might be bringing out a dvd of the show

Archived