Rock and wrestling

Onyx2

Snoop Dogg rapping Sasha Banks to the ring last year was excellent, although slightly spoiled due to Raven Felix bouncing up and down while screeching the song's chorus out of tune.

This never seems to get mentioned but I enjoyed POD's 'booyaka booyaka' at Mania 22 in Chicago, the regueton version of that song was a million times better than the following efforts with the same lyrics.

Honourable mention for the DX Band at Wrestlemania 14 butchering the American national anthem, receiving massive boos as Jim Johnston looked the nerdiest rock star anyone has seen this side of Weezer.

• Paid Members

Limp Bizkit doing Rollin' at WrestleMania, even though 'Taker hadn't used it as his music for about 18 months prior. It was pretty cool when Motorhead turned up to do Tripper's music, though. Lemmy has to get a nod for the HOF sometime doesn't he?

Limp Bizkit doing Rollin' at WrestleMania, even though 'Taker hadn't used it as his music for about 18 months prior. It was pretty cool when Motorhead turned up to do Tripper's music, though. Lemmy has to get a nod for the HOF sometime doesn't he?

Can't think of any celebs that were inducted posthumously.  If he was still with us, I'd have said he was a cert.   Maybe Motorhead will be inducted as a band, with the surviving members accepting. 

What was up with him singing the lyrics wrong?

• Paid Members

Honourable mention for the DX Band at Wrestlemania 14 butchering the American national anthem, receiving massive boos as Jim Johnston looked the nerdiest rock star anyone has seen this side of Weezer.

What was the story behind this? I was a lapsed fan at the time so missed it. 

Was it done to generate that kind of a reaction, or did they expect the crowd pop? 

I always like the live music at PPV's, cos it doesnt happen too often it feels special, I can understand if you are'nt a fan of the band or style of music but least its something different.

Ones I liked:

DX Band at Mania 14 for HBK entrance, bit rough but was fitting with the 'attitude', Summerslam 98 was cool for HHH entrance too.

Rev Theory playing Orton to the ring at XXX.

Living Colour for Punk at 29 was cool and was a decent performance too.

More live entrances for this year, Roman Reigns theme being played live could be cool, CFOS or whatever there called could get a band to play it.

More live entrances for this year, Roman Reigns theme being played live could be cool, CFOS or whatever there called could get a band to play it.

God would that even be worth the bother? Reigns' music sounds like library music which no other cunt wanted to use (unlike Steve Blackman and the Hardys' old music, which you'd hear pop up on adverts for the snooker and all kinds because they were great).

Reigns could really do with an Austin/Disturbed style update to his music with some lyrics on it or something. Keep the main melody for continuity but tart it right up. Put a rapper on it even. Or get Reigns to do it himself like Michaels or Cena.

What was the story behind this? I was a lapsed fan at the time so missed it. 

Was it done to generate that kind of a reaction, or did they expect the crowd pop? 

I don’t know that this has ever been made public to be honest, despite watching the event 50 times and listening to about 10 hours worth of podcast content about it I’m none the wiser.

JR gives it the old “only in America and the WWF will you find this kind of freedom of expression!” after the song finishes and the boos erupt, so maybe that was an attempt at damage limitation suggesting they weren't expecting it. 

Archived