Rock and wrestling

Onyx2

Two of the worst that come to mind are Sting's drummers and Cena's brass band.

If it counts, the first time I heard Lillian sing America the Beautiful I was blown away.

Megadeth playing that god awful Crush 'Em at a random Nitro comes to mind, must have cost a fuck tonne and it did absolutely naff all for business. Same for the time they brought in Kiss.

According to Eric Bischoff's book, so whether you to believe it or not is upto you, that was part of a deal between WCW and KISS to produce KISS themed PPVs which would see KISS playing at each show and involve The Demon getting a main event push. With this being a business deal that involved Gene Simmons & Paul Stanley, the only winners in it were KISS as they were to get $500,000 per appearance and take a share of the PPV money too

• Awards Moderator

Or get Reigns to do it himself like Michaels or Cena.

I would be delighted to hear Roman Reigns do some rapping, I imagine it would be terrible but amazing nonetheless.

Oh man I want to see this so bad now. Pure Wrestlecrap!

• Paid Members

Honourable mention for the DX Band at Wrestlemania 14 butchering the American national anthem, receiving massive boos as Jim Johnston looked the nerdiest rock star anyone has seen this side of Weezer.

What was the story behind this? I was a lapsed fan at the time so missed it. 

Was it done to generate that kind of a reaction, or did they expect the crowd pop? 

I don’t know that this has ever been made public to be honest, despite watching the event 50 times and listening to about 10 hours worth of podcast content about it I’m none the wiser.

JR gives it the old “only in America and the WWF will you find this kind of freedom of expression!” after the song finishes and the boos erupt, so maybe that was an attempt at damage limitation suggesting they weren't expecting it. 

It just feels so surreal to me. If there is two things the American's hold sacred it's their flag and national anthem. So for such a patriotic company to blatantly murder said anthem is just, well, random... 

• Paid Members

Honourable mention for the DX Band at Wrestlemania 14 butchering the American national anthem, receiving massive boos as Jim Johnston looked the nerdiest rock star anyone has seen this side of Weezer.

What was the story behind this? I was a lapsed fan at the time so missed it. 

Was it done to generate that kind of a reaction, or did they expect the crowd pop? 

I don’t know that this has ever been made public to be honest, despite watching the event 50 times and listening to about 10 hours worth of podcast content about it I’m none the wiser.

JR gives it the old “only in America and the WWF will you find this kind of freedom of expression!” after the song finishes and the boos erupt, so maybe that was an attempt at damage limitation suggesting they weren't expecting it. 

It just feels so surreal to me. If there is two things the American's hold sacred it's their flag and national anthem. So for such a patriotic company to blatantly murder said anthem is just, well, random... 

Whole attitude era was like that and it was by the "D-X Band", which automatically got you boos then.

ADDED: Also remember that teams were going into that opening match battle royale too. Might have been something to do with that. Only one that got a real entrance was LOD 2000.

Archived