It's today then ... (Trump thread)

mikehoncho

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I'm not religious either but that doesn't logically follow / make sense.

At a guess I think it has more to do with perception then belief. I eat a mainly vegan diet, but I would never call myself a vegan because then people get all judgy. Same with people and religion. I think it is the association with being part of a religion that is the issue. Maybe @King of Hamptonscould confirm?

I look at religion myself as made up bollocks use to create fear to control how people and their behavior. I also believe if there was no religion there would be less global conflict and less wars. At the same time, I can see how having religious beliefs have helped people improve themselves. But in America, it just seems to be a way of taking money from the poor and giving it to the rich.

• Paid Members

Anyway, ifĀ anyone still cares (too much in my case).

Biden's lead in Arizona is still holding up. At this point its pretty important for Biden to win as many electoral college votes as possible in terms of any attempts to delegitimise his win.

Arizona: Biden up nearly 17,000Ā votes

Georgia: Biden up 10,353 votes

Pennsylvania (Already called): Biden up 43K votes

I have no idea why North Carolina hasn't been called for Trump yet tbh. Looks insurmountable.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Anyway, ifĀ anyone still cares (too much in my case).

Biden's lead in Arizona is still holding up. At this point its pretty important for Biden to win as many electoral college votes as possible in terms of any attempts to delegitimise his win.

Arizona: Biden up nearly 17,000Ā votes

Georgia: Biden up 10,353 votes

Pennsylvania (Already called): Biden up 43K votes

I have no idea why North Carolina hasn't been called for Trump yet tbh. Looks insurmountable.

Thanks for that. I was struggling to see this. What about Nevada?Ā 

Much like I don't get excited over a UFC event when the fights are announced, and instead wait until the day of the fight and I know everyone is fit and the fights are actually happening, I'm not believing Biden wins this until I see him sitting at that desk in the White house.

There's a lot of shenanigans and shit that can go on between now and then. Didn't Trump appoint someone to the Supreme Court a few weeks ago when it was widely believed he should have waited until after the election to see if he got another mandate?

All of a sudden it makes sense as to why he proceeded regardless.Ā 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, David said:

Much like I don't get excited over a UFC event when the fights are announced, and instead wait until the day of the fight and I know everyone is fit and the fights are actually happening, I'm not believing Biden wins this until I see him sitting at that desk in the White house.

There's a lot of shenanigans and shit that can go on between now and then. Didn't Trump appoint someone to the Supreme Court a few weeks ago when it was widely believed he should have waited until after the election to see if he got another mandate?

All of a sudden it makes sense as to why he proceeded regardless.Ā 

Thereā€™s been no evidence yet. Trump has to have credible grounds to get it to court, so far weā€™ve seen nothing

• Paid Members
Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

Thereā€™s been no evidence yet. Trump has to have credible grounds to get it to court, so far weā€™ve seen nothing

Exactly. We all know the reasons for Trump's supreme court shenanigans, but these cases have to travel through so many hoops to get there in the first place.

And partisan or not, no supreme court judge is going to make a decision on the flimsiest of flimsy cases with the whole world watching. They still have a reputation to maintain.

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Normally I'd agree, but this is Trump. I remember thinking he'd need to have credible grounds to win the fucking thing in 2016, yet here we are.

The Amy Coney Barrett shenanigans makes me think he has something up his sleeve. I'm counting zero chickens until sleepy Joe is safely seated in his rocking chair behind the big desk.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, David said:

Normally I'd agree, but this is Trump. I remember thinking he'd need to have credible grounds to win the fucking thing in 2016, yet here we are.

In fairness, conning the electorate and conning legal professionals are two very different things.

Edited by garynysmon