The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Why are boxing events always so cahotic? Its like they pay no attention to organisation and presenting themselves as professionals. Everything is always so messy. I especially hate the need to have a thousand people in the ring after a match. 

• Paid Members

It's been well known for a few weeks ticket sales have stalled, BUT, it's worth noting the price of said tickets and the fact they've made over $60M+ off tickets already. I think the record is $72M. People will buy some of that 7k, come fight night.

Money-wise, even if they don't sell the next 7k, it's still a massive financial success.

• Paid Members

I'm in no doubt come fight night tickets will be all gone. I remember some massive events having a shit ton of tickets left come fight week and they were sold out by fight night. Mcgregor vs Diaz 2 is a prime example.

On top of that, what the presenters are referring to in that clip are resale sites link to the official box office, and loads of people play the touts at their own game by waiting till fight night to reduce the price of the tickets. 

When tickets are this expensive, it was inevitable. 

I don't think it can be stated enough just how much this fight has captured the general public's imagination. I have zero interest in boxing, zero interest in MMA, have never seen a single Mayweather or McGregor fight, and yet I've gone to the trouble of sourcing a Now TV box just so I can PAY to watch this thing live while me and a few pals (who similarly have zero interest usually but are desperate to see this) are away for the weekend. The amount of people in my office talking about this thing is insane. They've done a tremendous job of making it feel like something important. 

33 minutes ago, bono said:

is this true?7000 tickets left?i thought it sold out within minutes 

If you go through Ticketmaster, you can check how many tickets are available in each section. Combining how many seats are left in the various sections, there appear to be 2,408 tickets left.

Archived