The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Amazing how before every fight all the noobs start believing the "Conor is struggling to make weight" story. It was even on Irish radio this morning - spreading the rumour like a bunch of gullible thickos.

Then he steps on the scales, makes weight, and it was all bullshit - again. Just like him getting knocked out in camp.

Even when he was at FW, he always made 145 - never 146. 

Ordered the PPV yesterday - Kind of weird ordering a Conor PPV, must admit. 

Worth noting to anyone - Virgin Media now carry PPV events in HD (They haven't done so until very recently) & also if you order and have more than one box in the house - You can put it on in both rooms without buying twice, sounds stupid but handy knowing if you end up with a house full. 

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, herbie747 said:

Even when he was at FW, he always made 145 - never 146. 

Sorry Herb, I'm being a shit here I know, but Mcgregor weighed 146 in his fights with Holloway and Brandao at Featherweight.

On a different note, anyone here actually NOT ordering the PPV? 

• Paid Members

Sorry Lamby. I always heard Conor say "I make championship weight - even when I don't have to", so assumed he was telling the truth. 

As gaunt as he looks at FW, he has never missed weight - even when only making $4k against Brimage on 3 weeks notice. No way he's not making weight here.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, lambyUK said:

Sorry Herb, I'm being a shit here I know, but Mcgregor weighed 146 in his fights with Holloway and Brandao at Featherweight.

On a different note, anyone here actually NOT ordering the PPV? 

Yeah, I'll get up Sunday morning & watch a stream. This is a curiosity for me rather than a 'must see' event.

• Paid Members

I'm ordering it and I may not even get to see the damn thing. They better be finished up by 6.42 am, the latest I can leave in order to make it to work on time, or I'm going to pull my eyebrows out, as it won't be the same having to listen to the end of it on the radio. 

There has been a lot of talk about the US PPV numbers that it may or may not reach, but how does everyone think it will do over here? Better or worse than Joshua/Klitschko, Mayweather/Manny etc?

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, herbie747 said:

Sorry Lamby. I always heard Conor say "I make championship weight - even when I don't have to", so assumed he was telling the truth. 

As gaunt as he looks at FW, he has never missed weight - even when only making $4k against Brimage on 3 weeks notice. No way he's not making weight here.

Without question, Mcgregor simply is a pro when it comes to making weight. As you say, the guy has never missed weight, so why would it be an issue now? 

Now go and see I've gone and jinxed him now.

I'm guessing they don't do early weigh in's for boxing like they do with the UFC?

Archived