The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, herbie747 said:

Yeah, the rest of the tickets are on the secondary market. They don't count because they've been paid for. They'll count as empty seats on the night, but not as "unsold".

Not necessarily. The secondary market is largely owned the same people who own the primary market. If tickets are on Seatwave, GetMeIn, Viagogo then you could very well see them going back onto primary selling sites in the next day or two. Happens more & more for music gigs & other sporting events. Often under the guise of ‘production seats’ coming available.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Just now, Dead Mike said:

Not necessarily. The secondary market is largely owned the same people who own the primary market. If tickets are on Seatwave, GetMeIn, Viagogo then you could very well see them going back onto primary selling sites in the next day or two. Happens more & more for music gigs & other sporting events. Often under the guise of ‘production seats’ coming available.

I was just about to mention this. It's why the official gate receipts are so high for this and the Mayweather/Pacquaio fight. They class the secondary market of the sites you mentioned as official sales. 

However, I don't envision to back at the original prices though. I see them all going but as mentioned above, closer to fight night. 

I'm at a stage now where PPV buys, ticket sales, merch and all that means not a jot to me. I don't give a fuck how much money is going into the pockets of people who are already obscenely wealthy. I just want to see two materialistic, seemingly unlikeable, crass arseholes throw hands. 

This isn't a situation where there's a good guy, like a Miguel Cotto, facing a prick. This is two guys who constantly batter on about how much fucking money they have, who proudly wear the skins of dead animals on their person and who are essentially the living embodiment of what is wrong with society today.

Get them in that ring, and let them scramble some braincells for the entertainment of the great unwashed the world over.

• Paid Members

As an aside, next year is going to be super interesting. Someone asked Dana about McGregor's future in boxing, if he wins, and Dana asked "who's he going to fight in boxing?" and, of course, the media threw three or four big names at him immediately, which Dana had no real retort too. He also seemed very open about McGregor not only getting a massive rise in his share of UFC events, but he wasn't completely against McGregor getting a share in the company.

Paulie did come across really terrible, rambling and repeating the same points- which are inherently wrong. You sign a non-disclosure agreement, and that's it. The media didn't have a gun to his head. If he had any of the principles that he accuses Conor and his team of lacking, he would have given them a "no comment/legally can't talk about it" rather than getting his name and face out there. He's a retired boxer hoping to spin this Conor drama into a big payday for himself. It's petty, ridiculous and completely transparent.

Isn't he doing commentary/analysis on the fight too? That's gonna be unbearable if all these interviews he's doing are any indication.

Chucked a couple of bets on the fight, getting pumped for it now. They're opposing bets but I like to cover my bases. A cheeky $10 on Conor pulling off the seemingly impossible and KOing Floyd, and $20 for Floyd winning by decision, and Conor not winning a round. I actually feel like it's an extremely likely scenario, but the return is excellent- $220 if it goes down that way.

The spectacle will make up for any lopsided nature in the actual fight. Every man and his dog is hitting a pub, club, cinema etc to watch this. Some nice pub food and beers with the family will be a great way to spend the arvo on Sunday.

• Paid Members

Meh, I don't blame Paulie for doing this. In the McGregor bubble, it's exactly the move to make to secure your biggest pay day. Not going away and making this so public only helps him sell this fight to McGregor and the public; he knows, like this Mayweather match, if the public really wants it McGregor will go where the money is.

His patter is shite, though.

• Paid Members

What time zone are you in, Shane? Sunday afternoon sounds like a sweet time to be watching. Most of us here will be doing a grueling 5am deal.

Still, gonna make my patented H-Bomb cocktails for the occasion and have my usual 2 UFC mates over.

bomb.jpg

• Paid Members
On 8/21/2017 at 10:59 PM, PowerButchi said:

OMG those cocktail totes look amazing. What's in them?

Thanks man.

Franjelico (20ml)
Kahlua (20ml)
Baileys (20ml)
Creme De
Cacoa (20ml)
Fresh Strawberries (6)
Strawberry Puree (70ml)
Crushed Ice (6 cubes)
Topped with double whipped cream, crumbled Cadbury's
flake, and decorated with segments of strawberry.

Sydney, Australia, Herb. 9 hours ahead of London according to my phone.

Australia's a great place to watch UFC live. I went down to Melbourne for UFC 193 (Rousey vs. Holm), the first prelim was around 9am from memory, and it all wrapped up around 4pm. Did basically the same for UFC Brisbane (Hunt vs. Mir) last year.

Those cocktails look delicious!

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Shane O' Mac Version 2 said:

Sydney, Australia, Herb. 9 hours ahead of London according to my phone.

Nice. Better than middle of the fucking night over here for every important show ever.

Coincidentally, I stole my cocktail recipe from the Sky Bar of the Shangri La in Sydney. 

Are there any thoughts that the whole Paulie thing has been a work from the beginning? Win or lose, Conor gets another big money fight. Stage the whole sparring incident, have footage leaked, them conveniently meeting at the presser, it wouldn't surprise me if it was the plan all along.

Archived