Your wrestling 'defaults'

garynysmon

• Paid Members

Does anyone else have wrestling defaults that they know aren't right, but its what comes naturally to you no matter how many older tapes you watch? 

For instance, as I started watching wrestling in 1992, I'll always consider Rick Rude as having short hair and a WCW guy. Whereas most would probably remember him with long curly hair and feuding with the Warrior in the WWF.

Some others I have is that Sid will always be Sid Justice rather than Psycho Sid and the Survivor Series is teams of four rather than five.

• Paid Members

Friday night is really wrestling night, but I'm sure that's the same for most fans from these shores that grew up watching at the same time as I did.

The British Bulldog wears short pants, a leather Jacket and was really tag team champ with Owen rather than Dynamite.

Friday night is really wrestling night, but I'm sure that's the same for most fans from these shores that grew up watching at the same time as I did.

This was definitely the case for me growing up, and more often than not is still the case for me today. I often find myself watching NXT on a Friday with friends and few beverages

• Paid Members

Sid will always be Sid Vicious to me. Savage in the cowboy hat, tights and vest rather than trunks and that poncho thing he used to wear to the ring..

• Paid Members

Even though he spent longer in TNA, I will always think of Kurt Angle as a WWE guy.

It's true. It's damned true.

Eddie Guerrero: babyface. cos the first I really saw of him was the amazing Lesnar match and moment in the ring with Benoit at the end of Mania 20. he was hardly ever a babyface except for this little run and that period after WWF sacked him and he was an indie-god for a couple months but I'll always remember him as the beloved guy that leapt to celebrate with the fans in his championship win and pulled out some of the best babyface fire that I've still ever seen to this day

Edited by sj5522