Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

An actual random thought;

I went to a Megaslam show a couple of months back, and the stipulation in the main event was that if the heel lost, he was banned from Bridlington. I was thinking what a great stipulation that would be had the match taken place anywhere other than Bridlington - if losing the match was just ruining his plans to have a lovely day trip to the beach, and now he was going to have to go to Flamingo Land again instead. 

It got me thinking how daft some stipulations are out of context, and how great it would be to assign them to different matches devoid of that context. Seth Rollins vs. Dolph Ziggler, with Bill Dundee's cadillac on the line. Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar, winner gets custody of Dominick. 

• Paid Members

Smackdown - 30/03/2000

Albert hits a devastating sit-out powerbomb on Jeff Hardy. Notice the grip on the waistband and the extra lift. It's clearly The Last Ride! 

This was just a couple of months before Undertaker made his return at Judgement Day (21/05/00). Did Albert use this move before or after this? 

Seems to me like 'Taker saw Albert do this, reacted like Cornette seeing the Kryptonite Krunch for the first time (Oh My God! I have never seen that one before. Jesus Christ!) and pulled rank in order to use it as his finisher.

4 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

It got me thinking how daft some stipulations are out of context, and how great it would be to assign them to different matches devoid of that context.

Bayley vs Alexa Bliss with Jerry Lawler suspended above the ring in a shark cage.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Bridlington

Only 25 minutes to the beach... 

By car. 

Edit - Apologies for quoting like a tit. I still can't fix it! 

Edited by Silky Kisser

1 hour ago, Silky Kisser said:

Only 25 minutes to the beach... 

By car. 

Edit - Apologies for quoting like a tit. I still can't fix it! 

Sounds like the Cactus Jack/Sting match from Beach Brawl '92 - falls count anywhere on the Gulf Coast (which is a bus ride away).

• Paid Members

MMC isn't wrapping til TLC??? Fucking hell, they really want to sell some t-shirts.

Interesting to see which guys won't be in anything higher profile than that on a PPV. So you can absolutely rule out Monster Eclipse (sucks for Ember) Phenomenal Flair or probably Awe-ska winning their blocks. Wouldn't rule out BnB vs Day One Glow. Although if Fabulous Truth started winning, that would be hilarious. Carmella being completely incapable of playing heel when she's pissing around with Truth is one of the most endearing things I've seen on WWE this year.

• Paid Members

Why do wrestling shows always have shite metal or something for the intro for the show? Why dont they use a belting intrumental? Imagine if the theme from BBC snooker started up at the beginning of Raw, that would put you well in the mood for a wrestling show? Its always garbage Kevin Dunn is dancing to in front of his mirror that month.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Why do wrestling shows always have shite metal or something for the intro for the show? Why dont they use a belting intrumental? Imagine if the theme from BBC snooker started up at the beginning of Raw, that would put you well in the mood for a wrestling show? Its always garbage Kevin Dunn is dancing to in front of his mirror that month.

Probably a nostalgic hangover from when Thorn In Your Eye was the Raw music, reminding everyone of when wrestling was best. Forgetting that Nitro was at its best when the music sounded like a character select screen from a cheesy beat em up.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

https://tubedubber.com/?q=BDtDHPgGrvc:7GkgoeKHsXI:0:100:0:0:1