Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

For any North Londonders: for the forseeable future, from May 3rd, every Thursday I'll be promoting a stand up comedy show at the White Hart pub in Stoke Newington, upstairs. Please do come along if you're nearby and have the time. No entry fee (yet) but we will be passing a bucket at the end!

Ā 

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/comedyatthewhitehart/

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

What kind of night is it? Pro / Open Mic / New material?

I'm going for a night of quality comedy in the first instance so new matetial is a no. I am leaving two open spots available for those without much experienced.

Eventually I want to run either two shows a nightĀ  or alternate weeks - one week open micers and those trying new material and the following week established acts with well practiced stuff.

Ā 

5 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I'm going for a night of quality comedy in the first instance so new matetial is a no. I am leaving two open spots available for those without much experienced.

Eventually I want to run either two shows a nightĀ  or alternate weeks - one week open micers and those trying new material and the following week established acts with well practiced stuff.

Ā 

Is it paid?

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

Is it paid?

The performers? Not technically. Bucket going round at the end kind of deal. Though I'm hoping it goes well enough that I can turn it into a ticketed event and pay everyone - it won't be much but its something. I've made it clear to those who've contacted me asking me for bookings that it's unpaid for the most part and everyone is mostly happy with just helping to grow the night.

Ā 

Although im going to be getting a semi pro closer for most nights who will likely be paid out of my own pocket to start with.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

There is being enthusiastic and there is crossing the line.

Which almost ended up being TNA's slogan.

• Paid Members

After Google image searching for Jeremy Beadle, as I frequently do, fell upon this lunacy from an old Geocities website.Ā 

jeremy1.JPG

http://www.geocities.ws/limpin_hill/theevilhand.html

If anyone wants five minutes of reading conspiracy theories containing Jeremy Beadle, diagrams of Jeremy Beadle's gammy hand and comparison pictures of Jeremy Beadle and Tim Curry, I would recommend it.Ā 

Edited by Gus Mears