Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

According to my friends Barnaby and Gay Northern Irish Chris, it's to with the increasingly-popular "chav" fetish. Seems there's a whole scene for gay guys who like boys clad in sports gear, England tops, gold chains and sovereign rings. If you think those Adidas are ridiculous, they're apparently selling trackies in gay fetish-wear shops in Soho for £100 that you could easily get for a tenner in JD Sports/Sports Direct/Footlocker. 

16 hours ago, PunkStep said:

My brother broke his leg many years ago and spent his recovery time in hospital playing Columns on his Sega Game Gear.

What did he do with the other 23 hours of the day?

• Paid Members

A mate of mine bought Pounded by The Pound when it was released; the plot synopsis is better than the "book" itself, but still a work of something like genius. Chuck Tingle's released God knows how many more since too, what a work ethic!

• Paid Members

Sorry to keep banging on about me and my leg but I've been to the toilet once and did a little trip round the ward room this afternoon on crutches and I sit down sweating. It's bloody hard. Or at least, I'm bloody unfit. 

I was supposed to have been discharged hours ago but my medications and discharge letter haven't come yet so I'm just sitting waiting in the hospital to leave. I am absolutely terrified of getting into and out of the cab home. Terrified. 

8 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Sorry to keep banging on about me and my leg but I've been to the toilet once and did a little trip round the ward room this afternoon on crutches and I sit down sweating. It's bloody hard. Or at least, I'm bloody unfit. 

I was supposed to have been discharged hours ago but my medications and discharge letter haven't come yet so I'm just sitting waiting in the hospital to leave. I am absolutely terrified of getting into and out of the cab home. Terrified. 

I had a dream last night where I was in London, I was by Wembley and said "Lets get the tube to the next stop, Wapping, as SpursRiot lives there"  But then when we arrived I remembered you had a broken leg.  The tube went via water.

@SpursRiot2012 I've had 2 stints on crutches mate, the second time was about 2 months and it was hard work. The only good thing was I was fairly young at the time and single and seemed to get a lot of attention. A low point being that I told a girl in a club that I did it playing football and told her I played for Leyton Orient (first team that popped into my head!)

Make sure you get some sort of soft grip on them (if they're the same type I had) otherwise your hands become red raw. And bang on about it all you want, I'm sure writing helps.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Keith’s right, give it a few days though and you’ll be flying about like an old man on a super charged mobility scooter. 

Last time I was on crutches I actually found it more bizarre coming off them, jelly legs and proper heavy.

• Paid Members

6 weeks with no weight on the leg, they said @Ralphy. I asked if that meant after six weeks I could expect everything to be healed and ready to walk on (at least with a boot) and they seemed to think so. 

Thanks for the advice on crutches all. I made it home in a taxi but felt incredibly stressed out the whole time. I'm quite stressed even here at home - I think it's being away from immediate medical attention if something goes wrong. I obviously don't have all the utilities that I had in my hospital bed so my leg feels wrong on the pillows I have it elevated on and stuff like that. I'm also dreading taking a shit (haven't since Saturday morning) though I will finally get the opportunity to try out the UKFF learned putting my feet up on a chair to shit thing. 

My girlfriend is a star, it has to be said. She's doing everything she can for me. She's going to have to help me wash later too. 

Edited by SpursRiot2012