Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

When did the commentators start apologising for fan chants at live football matches? Aston Villa were singing about "Jimmy Savile" against Leeds on Saturday and they apologised then, but I've heard "We're sorry for what the mic is picking up" before. Is it an OFCOM ruling or something?

Edited by bAzTNM#1

I paid for a parking permit today and the bloke at the council offices gave me a week-long temporary one while the proper one is in the post. I parked up, and an hour later a parking ticket found its way onto my windscreen. I've racked my brain trying to figure out what I've done wrong, and as far as I can tell I haven't parked illegally. The only difference I can see between myself and the other 40 or so cars parked in the area is that I'm the only one with a temporary permit rather than a proper one.

Ā 

Anybody successfully managed to challenge a ticket in the past?

When did the commentators start apologising for fan chants at live football matches? Aston Villa were singing about "Jimmy Savile" against Leeds on Saturday and they apologised then, but I've heard "We're sorry for what the mic is picking up" before. Is it an OFCOM ruling or something?

Dunno, but it's weird to think they haven't been interfering already. Fans swearing in unison at televised football matches is hardly something new. (The FC Copenhagen fans rendition of "your support is fucking shit," coming through clear as day at Stamford Bridge during a CL game a few years ago, lives long in the memory). I'm not exactly sure how it works, but can they only issue reprimands if there's been a complaint, rather than if it's something one of their operatives heard whilst monitoring the station?

Anybody successfully managed to challenge a ticket in the past?

Did you get a photo of the car with the ticket in place and the temporary permit? If you did then you can easily over turn it. If you didn't then just make a copy of it to send to the council. Along with the explanation. The parking warden was just looking for a standard permit, not a temp one. It could also be a photocopy that made him think that it was a fake. Get in touch quickly and don't faff about ignoring it.