Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

Ā 

Ā 

Has anyone ever been cryogenically frozen for, like, a week? Just to see if it's even worth doing?.

There is a large issue when freezing, due to the body's water turning to ice crystals, thus taking up more space and "breaking" cells in the process.

I can't speak for humans but that issue exists with frozen food (and is why you can't freeze things like strawberries) but it does reduce the faster you freeze the item.

Ā 

The faster something is frozen the less crystallisation occurs in the cells.

Ā 

Ā 

Has anyone ever been cryogenically frozen for, like, a week? Just to see if it's even worth doing?.

There is a large issue when freezing, due to the body's water turning to ice crystals, thus taking up more space and "breaking" cells in the process.

I can't speak for humans but that issue exists with frozen food (and is why you can't freeze things like strawberries) but it does reduce the faster you freeze the item.

Ā 

The faster something is frozen the less crystallisation occurs in the cells.

Ā 

I read up on some stuff earlier that mentioned "they" (who ever the people are the freeze dead people) try to replace as much liquid in the body with something else, to prevent this as much as possible.

Ā 

Still currently listed on the "load of bollocks" list for me like, but whatever floats your boat.

• Paid Members

I also know a street dealer who I went to school with called Eggy. Must be a franchise thing, as mentioned.

Ā 

I would disagree with Baz on a few things in his guide up there. If you're looking for as much anonomity as possible, use Tails. Running Tor through Windows and then relying on encryption...you'll probably be fine, buying personal amounts of whatever. But if for whatever reason something were to get intercepted and they seized your computer, having been using Tails means there'd be zero evidence on your hard drive whatsoever that you even ran Tor. Your ISP could probably tell them you used Tor, but that doesn't really give them anything. Anyone can send anyone a package of drugs in the mail.

Ā 

It's not actually all that simple. Which is good. The fact that you have to put a little time into learning how to safely and securely use the tools available to GET HIGH AS FUCK FAM means less low hanging fruit getting busted. It also means more, educated users using tools like Tor and the more people that use Tor, the better.

Ā 

Also, Hansa is the best market due to its multi-signature escrow system. Dream is (in terms of drug markets) dodgy and showing signs of exit scamming all the time and Alphabay is ran by Russian credit card scammers. Hey, even drug users have morals. Actually, DHL is the best market, but it's invite only.

Ā 

Anyway, back to lols.

Beyond my technological abilities. Will have to make do with agony a bit longer.

• Paid Members

I've been trying to return and replace some bluetooth headphones that I got for Christmas, and after a long process, I got the weirdest request I've ever seen. The request was approved, with the following instructions:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 - Extend one of the ear pieces and break the ear piece off at the hinge.

2 - Use a pair of scissors to cut both of the cables that run from the headband to the ear pieces.

3 - Please reply with a photo that shows the headphones are totally destroyed and there is no possibility of repair or future use. Please have the destroyed headphones displayed a piece of paper that also has your name, today's date and Urbanears on it.

Ā 

I suppose that saves everyone the expense of a return. I'm going to include a fork in the photo, though, just in case.

I've been trying to return and replace some bluetooth headphones that I got for Christmas, and after a long process, I got the weirdest request I've ever seen. The request was approved, with the following instructions:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

2 - Use a pair of scissors to cut both of the cables that run from the headband to the ear pieces.

3 - Please reply with a photo that shows the headphones are totally destroyed and there is no possibility of repair or future use. Please have the destroyed headphones displayed a piece of paper that also has your name, today's date and Urbanears on it.

Ā 

I suppose that saves everyone the expense of a return. I'm going to include a fork in the photo, though, just in case.

More common with high end trainers, etc, to make sure that they are totally unusable so cant get one pair as replacement and sell the other on..

• Paid Members

Ā 

You could loan the damaged headphones out to anyone that wants to scam them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from work to the flat I moved into yesterday, and the guy renting out another room (who I'm yet to meet) has blocked the toilet so fiercely that a part of the seat has actually shattered. It also looks like there are shredded dried up leaves in there. I'm scared and concerned.

Car failed it's MOT. The bottom seems to have rotted away and will cost about a grand to fix. Given I'd be spending that on a new car I may as well get it fixed as its a reliable car. Still, gutted. Thank fuck I start a job that's in walking distance.