Andre The Giant: The Movie

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

The only other option would be to have a regular bloke do it using camera trickery like they did with Robbie Coltrane in the Harry Potter films.

A lot of the Hagrid scenes where he was seen 'in full' on screen wasn't camera trickery at all, instead they had a rugby player called Martin Bayfield in the get up and a truly wonderful model head. It's quite astounding if or when you see it.

I love Bayfs. I don't really have a point to make other than that. Fine TV presenter.

• Paid Members

I can't think he has the chops to pull something like this off.

Big Show does - just needs to fight the urge to do the "Sssshhh" bit beforehand

Glenn Flesher is older than Andre was when he died, so is Jeff Garlin and both of them are like 6'. It's crazy to suggest a fat, middle aged, normal height guy as Andre the Giant.

not if you use midgets :thumbsup:

Finding a guy nearing 7 feet who is also a competent actor (Flesher is very good) isn't going to be easy. give him some lifts, make the rest of the cast under 5'5 it'll work out fine.

• Paid Members

What does age matter, Andre hardly looked like a young man, he looked, moved and acted like a guy in his 50's from Wrestlemania 1 until he died, which is where he made his mark nationally/certain parts of the world.

They're not just going to do it about his life in the WWF, though, are they? In his earlier years he was apparently disturbingly agile for a man his size.

Ron Pearlman's not a bad shout, actually. Might be a bit too grizzled to play youbg Andre though. Maybe they'll get Fassbender to play Samuel Beckett.

• Paid Members

I agree with Perlman. He's actually 66, twenty years older than Andre when he died, but you really wouldn't think it to look at them both. Andre looked old as fuck towards the end. With the right hair and make-up I reckon Ron would look brilliant in the role, he's got the giant face going for him.

What I don't want to see is somebody that looks nothing like Andre covered in a ton of prosthetics or CGI. You can use all kinds of smoke and mirrors to make somebody look seven foot tall, but it's important that they cast somebody that can capture his expressions.

Archived