Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

After last weekend id be surprised if Anderson wasnt being discussed as an opponent. Sure Coker said he wasnt interested previously, but coming off that win the thought of Anderson/Fedor as a one off in Russian has to be appealing.

• Paid Members

A Bellator/AEW Simulcast on Showtime and TNT? Win-Win! 😁 A weigh-in, entourages, the whole she-bang. Josh Barnett/Jon Moxley somewhere on there in a Bloodsport style match. Mike Tyson can fight Minoru Suzuki or some shit like that for the craic. I can see it now. Book it. The drawback might be that Tony Khan could bump into Mauro Ranallo, which could lead to more work for Ranallo. . .nobody wants that. Except @jimufctna24

• 2 weeks later...

Remember that time when Liam McGeary seemed destined for stardom? His Bellator run, all the way up until the Ortiz fight, was super fun, and he seemed set for a good few years of main events. Went completley downhill afer that first Davis fight, and all of his aura went that night too. Just was never the same after that. He hasnt had a fight in over two years, so the release doesnt seem that shocking considering.

Heather Hardy was always fun to watch, but it looks like shes gone back to boxing, which explains this one.

Straus seems to have been about for ages. Dont remember anything recently about him. I always picture him during those tourneys they used to run years ago.

3 hours ago, SBD said:

Bellator seemingly having a clear out

Yeah I.saw this earlier not a huge set of big names cut tbh a couple of those cuts didn't even get chance to fight in bellator because of covid that's pretty rough being cut before you have even fought for the company 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Dai said:

Remember that time when Liam McGeary seemed destined for stardom? His Bellator run, all the way up until the Ortiz fight, was super fun

Straus seems to have been about for ages. Dont remember anything recently about him. I always picture him during those tourneys they used to run years ago.

some big names gone there.

Straus is in a bit of a Jon Fitch-UFC situation, hes gone over the hump and is on the way down. He came back from a terrible motorcycle accident a few years ago too. It was crazy that he ever even made it back.

McGeary was a strange one because he seemed to come from nowhere, even more so as he was British. He was just 3-0 when he joined Bellator and like you said, that initial run was great stuff, culminating with that fight with Ortiz, which Tito almost won. He hasnt fought in over 2 years and i aint heard shit about? i dont even know if hes still active.

• 2 weeks later...