Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Who the fuck is ‘Mr Tasty’? Please don’t say Fabian Edwards. I might have to take the kids, maybe the wife, and get the hell out of Birmingham. As most people do. 

Edited by wandshogun09

2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

It's not Edwards' "official" nickname, but it's apparently what he hashtags himself as on social.

Nothing worse in Kool Keith’s book than some dickhead giving themselves a nickname. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nothing worse in Kool Keith’s book than some dickhead giving themselves a nickname. 

Classy Carbomb agrees

They have released quite a few European fighters over the past few days. So it looks like they will be scaling back the Euro Series series. Makes sense, given that they plan to only run 2 shows per month from now on. 

Also, Julius Anglickas, Steve Mowry, and Karl Albrektsson vs Viktor Nemkov have all been added to next week's card. Can we just skip to that card already please? 

Coker said last weekend that we would soon hear something about Lima's next title defence. I was a bit worried that MVP would get the title shot over Amosov.

But this Tweet sounds promising:

For anyone wondering why I get such a hard-on over Amosov, I highly recommend watching his fight with Storley, which I have linked below. Keep in mind, that Ed Gallo (The Fight Site's wrestling expect) accurately predicted beforehand that Storley would be a tougher match-up for Amosov than Ruth. Gallo argued that Storley's style of wrestling has translated to MMA better than Ruth. Storley's takedowns are more intentional, and when he gets his opponent to the mat he is generally better than Ruth at keeping them there. 

Yet, Amosov was able to comprehensively shutdown Storley's wrestling for the first 2 rounds, and also managed to do so for much of the third round. Granted, Storley did rally late at the end of the 3rd frame and almost submitted Amosov, but over the 15 minutes I think Amosov more than did enough to deserve the decision. I genuinely think that Amosov is the best wrestler at 170lbs with the exception of Usman, and will have few issues with Lima who I think is made for him style wise. 

Coker confirmed over the weekend that they will book an interim HW title fight while Bader competes in the LHW GP. 

I assume Moldavsky, Tim Johnson and Fortune will all be in contention to fight for the interim belt. I would add Minakov's name to that list, but I am not sure if he will ever return to Bellator or not. 

And aye, Bellator's HW division is a bit grim. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Its the right thing to do, and as mental as it is to think that Timothy Johnson could be fighting for a major promotions heavyweight title in 2021, i really hope he does, the big lug has earned it.