Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

Fewer shows - Check. 

A revamped roster with fewer old farts and more prospects - Check.

Showtime TV deal in the US - Check.

BBC TV deal in the UK - Check.

Ranking system - Check. 

The return of Mauro - Check. 

Could Bellator really become the promotion I wanted it to be? Or will 2021 end with Corey Anderson as LHW Champion, Gallagher as BW Champion and Goldie still on commentary? Stay tuned!

• Paid Members

Yeh its exciting times. Last year was a weird one cause it felt very transitional but at the same time felt a bit flat (covid is probably much to do with that though), all these new announcements makes it all slot into place and make a bit more sense. Its gonna be a good year.

Has there been any talk about the Euro Series? are they still doing that?

• Paid Members

Look at this...

He’s meant to be one to keep an eye on. Weird thing is it was announced late last year that he was signing with the UFC and would be making his debut on that Wonderboy vs Neal card in December. It all went quiet after that and here we are. Coker’s only gone and nabbed him from under Dana’s nose 😂 he’s 19-3 with 17 finishes and is meant to be a bit of a handful.

E8170123-2C18-43DA-B02A-4ED492FA0BCA.gif

• Paid Members

It's the most interesting that Bellator has felt in quite a while. A lot of these announcements are all exciting and should take the promotion forward from what was a really down year, last year. 

• Paid Members

That's one of the fights that I'm most looking forward to this year. It's not often that gets said about a non UFC fight these days. Should Pitbull win the other semi final against Sanchez, then Pitbull/McKee will be another one of those fights to add to that list. 

• Paid Members

It was only really their European Series' that I looked forward to and truly enjoyed, but all these news stories and positive, progressive developments have me quietly giddy with regards to Bellator's all round product now. 

Can't see it posted and not sure any of yiz give a gik, but on a side note, Chalmers is apparently done with MMA. Terribly nice bloke and all that, but looked shocking in Dublin last year.

I do think though, after the initial snide remarks and eye rolls from everyone - when he announced he was going for a career in MMA - he quietly won a lot of people over, or at least an acceptance that he was there to work hard and give it his best. 

(It won't fancy link for me on the blower, sorry lads) 

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/2/18/22290147/former-reality-tv-star-bellator-fighter-aaron-chalmers-announces-retirement

20210220_093346.jpg

• Paid Members

Yeah I was one of the eye rolly people but at least he was exciting to watch and he gave it a proper go. It wasn’t CM Punk shit where you just wish he didn’t bother. Plus he wound up Paddy Pimblett on Twitter a few times so he’s alright by me. 

• Paid Members

Yeh, Chalmers did alright. Easy to hate on him, but he came in, took it seriously and didnt really look to capitalise on his tabloid fame to jump the queue. Just came in and fought his ass off, props to him. The new career is likely NXT UK though isnt it? hes spoken about it before and is a big fan.

He's officially my second favorite reality star to cross over after Ziggy from Big Brother planned on fighting in Cage Rage.

Edited by Egg Shen

The Euro Series should be really good this year. Especially since they are now running fewer shows.

They have enough quality talent under contract to run some very good shows in the UK, Ireland, etc. They have Mousasi, Gallagher, MVP, Mads Burnell, Fabian Edwards, Soren Bak, Adam Borics, Saul Rogers, Brett Johns, Costello van Steenis, and quite a few more decent European fighters.

Coker also still plans to run a show in Russia at some point this year. Fedor and/or Nemkov will probably headline.

Edited by jimufctna24