Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Erm...Nemkov vs Rumble anyone? 

Rumble another casualty of the UFC tightening the purse strings? He'll make Bellator's heavy divisions more interesting anyway. Especially if he irons out Corey Anderson and the likes of Mitrione. 

Wow Bellator really is becoming the TNA of the MMA world aren't they. 
I was having the discussion about MMA with someone on my facebook yesterday and they agreed Bellator is really hit and miss in terms of good fights and whatnot, But he also said there are other decent MMA promotions out there that aren't trying there hardest to be a UFC ripoff.

I think we will see a hell of alot of these releases that are imminently coming from the UFC end up in Bellator and i think that isn't going to help the promotion much apart from the way there doing things at the moment which is come and see X Y Z fighters just released by the biggest company in the sport fight here in our company. I also don't think it's going to help those fighters that are wanting to get back into the UFC eventually reach there goal. Go and see what other promotions are out there that will help you improve and progress as fighters instead of just following the money someone is throwing at you but can't really offer you much in the sense of those points i mentioned above. 

I know some will argue against my point but Bellator really has become TNA early 00's 

I agree to some extent but they have always been like TNA and in fairness to them they are really trying to move away from this model now. They've passed up the chance on signing Silva and Werdum already this year. Yoel is old but he is far from past it, he hasn't disgraced himself in the UFC, I think he can add something to their division.

Let's see how many of these 60+ released UFC fighters they end up signing to see if they really are trying to move away from being the TNA of MMA.

If you were in Coker's position, would you pass on Yoel?

10 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Wow Bellator really is becoming the TNA of the MMA world aren't they. 
I was having the discussion about MMA with someone on my facebook yesterday and they agreed Bellator is really hit and miss in terms of good fights and whatnot, But he also said there are other decent MMA promotions out there that aren't trying there hardest to be a UFC ripoff.

Eh?

This point would have made sense a year ago. 

But recently, Coker has mostly been signing prospects from the LFA and European promotions. They have parted ways with the likes of Rampage, Nelson, Mir, etc and wisely passed on signing Werdum and Anderson Silva.

As for whether Bellator should sign the UFC's fighters that are about to be released, it depends on who they are. If washed up fighters such as Derrick Lewis, Donald Cerrone, Anthony Pettis, or Shogun Rua receive their walking papers, then Bellator should probably pass on signing them. But if say Islam Makhachev or Gregor Gillespie become available, two up-and-coming fighters who could beef up their lightweight division, I wouldn't be against Coker signing them. 

12 minutes ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

I agree to some extent but they have always been like TNA and in fairness to them they are really trying to move away from this model now. They've passed up the chance on signing Silva and Werdum already this year. Yoel is old but he is far from past it, he hasn't disgraced himself in the UFC, I think he can add something to their division.

Let's see how many of these 60+ released UFC fighters they end up signing to see if they really are trying to move away from being the TNA of MMA.

If you were in Coker's position, would you pass on Yoel?

You make a fantastic counter point mate and you know what who the fuck are we or anyone to question a fighter being let go week's before christmas and jumping at the first opportunity they get their way for decent amounts of money. Like you said we will see how many fighters get released from the UFC that end up getting offered contracts or signing with them