Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

something that was brought up on The Bash podcast the other day that was related to the aimless Bellator Euro scene, but should apply to all of Bellator. The company is in desperate need of a ranking system. I know the UFC one has its critics, but it gives divisions structure and Bellator needs it. A World and European top 10 and the inclusion of European belts would be great. Right now, it feels like the European fighters are just fighting for no reason without an end goal.

That announcement also pretty much confirms that Nemkov will rematch Davis next. I can't think of anyone other than Anderson for Nemov or Davis to fight next. 

Elsewhere, Coker has said that the recent signings are not a sign that he's going to build Bellator's roster, rather the new signings will act as replacements for fighters they intend to release. 

This is great news. Bellator needed to shake up their roster a bit and get rid of some dead wood, which they now seem to be doing. I am far more positive about Bellator than I was a month or so ago. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

That’s a top signing. I watched one of his fights with Yan a while back and it was incredible. Keep meaning to watch the other one. Kind of wish the UFC had got him just so we could see the rubber match but it’s one of the best signings Bellator have made, IMO. Unless he’s dropped off since the Yan fights I can see him doing big things. 

8ACA2A3F-7D03-4430-B3DA-A52993219D5D.jpeg

• Paid Members

yeh, i skirted over it when it was announced but Usman Nurmagamedov is said to a real prospect. 11-0 and heavily tipped to go on to be better than his cousin Khabib. Daniel Cormier gave him a glowing review on his podcast last week (though he would wouldnt he).

• Paid Members

Are we getting this week’s Cyborg show on Sky Sports or what? Can’t see it on the listings and it’s on Thursday according to MMA Junkie. Is that right? Thursday? 

Edit - ah never mind, found it. Sky Sports Mix, 3am, Thurs night/Fri morning. 

Edited by wandshogun09