Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

Awesome news, do we know where they plan to run? Are they going to try and have crowds or will it be an empty arena in the Mohegan Sun again?

As Eggshen said I love the fact Mauro is coming back but I have to disagree with Egg in saying that the Friday night slot is amazing for me, it means I can record it and watch Saturday morning. When it was on a Thursday night, I couldn't watch Friday morning as I had work and then I had to avoid Twitter all day for results and even then it was difficult to watch as the TV might be taken or I might have Friday night plans (that seems like another lifetime ago). Saturday morning I am guaranteed to be home so this is perfect!

Fair play to Bader for signing up to this, I wouldn't begrudge him if he wanted to sit this one out and focus on the heavyweight title and then challengr the tournament winner next year but the fact he is getting straight back into the mix is admirable.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

News from today's press conference:

- Bellator is moving to Showtime in the US. They will run on Friday nights from now on.

- Announcement on Thursday about European distribution. 

- They re-launch on April 2nd with a card headlined by Pitbull vs Sanchez 2. Winner fights McKee over the summer. 

- LHW GP confirmed. 8 man tournament, with two opening round fights on the April 9th show and two opening round fights on the April 16th show. 

- Juan Archuleta vs Sergio Pettis confirmed for May. 

- They are planning on running twice a month for the rest of the year. 

- Mauro is back! Up yours @wandshogun09and @WeeAl 

That's a lot of great, fun, exciting news you just dropped on us Jim. Then you had to go and slap us right in the beak with that wet fish there at the end. ☹️

10 minutes ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Are they going to try and have crowds or will it be an empty arena in the Mohegan Sun again?

The latter. 

The main cards will begin at 2am GMT. 

Btw, for those who dislike Mauro, at least his return means that they might have sacked Goldie off. 

1 minute ago, jimufctna24 said:

The latter. 

The main cards will begin at 2am GMT. 

Btw, for those who dislike Mauro, at least his return means that they might have sacked Goldie off. 

I've just seen a 2 minute trailer on Twitter that Bellator have released to hype them coming to Showtime and it has both Mauro and Goldberg shouting their catch phrases so I expect them both to be involved in some way.

• Paid Members

Glad to see Coker’s going straight to Yoel vs Rumble. In the Rebney days they’d have been put on opposite sides of the bracket and one of them would lose before the fight could happen. I’m expecting the worst but I hope Yoel irons out the big sack of wank.

8 minutes ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

I've just seen a 2 minute trailer on Twitter that Bellator have released to hype them coming to Showtime and it has both Mauro and Goldberg shouting their catch phrases so I expect them both to be involved in some way.

EA0725A1-CAB7-4E85-B6AB-A5A2BDAAED8D.gif

Edited by wandshogun09

Fanboy nonsense aside, I have no idea who is going to win the LHW GP. 

You could make a decent argument for Nemkov, Romero or Anderson winning it.

I wouldn't completely dismiss Davis either. I'm already worried that Nemkov is going to gas out against him and get subbed in the later rounds. 

Those brackets are tasty, it's so up in the air.

I think Bader beating Machida and Nemkov beating Davis are the only sure things, everything else is completely up in the air. The semi finals are hard to predict as well. I don't know if Nemkov can beat Johnson or Romero, I'm not sure how Bader will fair against Anderson. And I am going in blind with Yagshimuradov. Is he pretty handy? Is he likely to match up well with Boring Corey?

• Paid Members

I love the look of it, but theres the potential in there for some dull fights.

I do love that they pulled the trigger on Romero/Johnson out of the gate. You could keep em seperate but why ruin that potential meeting? winner is guaranteed a title shot too, so thats the money side of the draw. The winner of the whole thing probably comes from that side too.

Love the inclusion of a complete newcomer in Yagshimuradov too, nice little opening round curveball. I know nothing about him other than he's 18-5 and was the reigning ACA 205lb Champ when he signed, he'll be no mug.