Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

Updated Bellator 255 card:

Patricio Freire vs. Emmanuel Sanchez (FW title)

Neiman Gracie vs. Jason Jackson

Mike Hamel vs. Usman Nurmagomedov

Magomed Magomedov vs. Jared Scoggins

Tyrell Fortune vs. Matt Mitrione

I could do without Meathead, but overall this card is looking very strong!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

when did Semtex un-retire?

From what I understand, he said he'd retire after his next fight, which would be this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Better late than never, I suppose...

Imagine this fight in 2009/10? I know Fedor was already on the slide back then but still. It’s probably more even now actually, now they’re both weathered versions of their once great selves. I’ll watch it. 

I would have preferred Fedor vs Barnett personally. 

JDS would have probably beaten the 09/10 version of Fedor. As I have posted in the past on this forum, Fedor was quite beatable long before Werdum subbed him. The 2003-2006 version of Fedor would likely wreck any version of JDS though. Not only was Fedor in his physical prime, but he and his camp were excellent at developing gameplans too (see the third fight with Nog or the Cro Cop fight). JDS always had weaknesses, most notably he tended to fight in a straight line, and thus if placed on the back foot he would back himself up against the cage where he struggled to defend against strikes. I think Fedor would easily figure out a way to exploit that weakness, especially in the ring where it was easier to trap opponents in corners. 

The prime version of Fedor is still the most skilled fighter above 170lbs in the sports' history imo. I agree with Kyle McLachlan claim that if a younger fighter had Fedor's skillset, they would excel in the modern era. Yet, wear and tear have limited what Fedor is able to do inside the cage/ring. His chin went years ago as well. JDS has probably been past his prime since the Cain fights, but while he's currently on a losing streak, he's not quite as shot as Fedor is imo. 

Thus in 2021, I pick JDS via KO (sadly). 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

I quite like the idea of Fedor/JDS. They've mixed in completely different circles for years, it feels like a fight i never would have even considered ever happening. I know Bellator aint looking to pick up UFC fighters on their way down, but I like this.

1 minute ago, Carbomb said:

I see Barnett's got a win over Rapist Alexander, so they could push it as Fedor getting family revenge. Don't see it happening though.

I don't think they would need to use that angle. Fedor vs Barnett was a dream match in its own right. Barnett is the only top Pride Heavyweight that Fedor never fought. 

Plus, Fedor and Aleks loathe one another these days. 

Apparently Thomson kinda leaked that Lima will defend his WW belt against Amosov next and that Mousasi will defend his MW title against Tokov. 

I am convinced that Amosov will smash Lima. I think Amosov is easily in the top 5 fighters on Bellator's roster and will prove it over the next 18 months or so. Joey Davis is the only Welterweight that Bellator has under contract that I worry about Amosov facing in the future. 

Not sure how to read Moose vs Tokov. 

Oh, and it looks like a LW GP might be in the works, which is daft considering it is one of Bellator's weaker divisions:

Edited by jimufctna24