Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Christ that’s some card. Can’t remember ever scrolling so far down a Bellator card and seeing a fight like Pitbull vs Queally so low down but that shows you how loaded it is. As long as Yoel wins and Gallagher loses I’ll be happy. 

• Paid Members

Redser was always getting shown the door. Good to see him back in the canary gloves though.
Mlambo is an odd one, but not too much of a surprise. Some serious hype behind him - locally, anyway - when he came out of Brave, and kind of half backed it up with a tight decision win over Wooding, but after Bandejas absolutely rinsed him last February and an uninspired performance against Tait in Milan in October, I heard Bellator were disappointed in how he panned out and wanted him to be more of a finisher and exciting than he actually was.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

@wandshogun09 was it you who mentioned Shabliy a few months back and how you wished he'd signed with the UFC as originally planned? Or am I thinking of another Russian/ACA fighter? 

Yeah it was me Jim. I can’t remember the source but at one point towards the end of last year it was even out there that he’d signed with the UFC and was supposed to make his debut on that Fight Night in December with the Wonderboy vs Neal headliner. Then it all went quiet and then a month or so later it came out that Bellator had nabbed him instead. By all accounts the feeling seems to be that the UFC dropped the ball letting him go elsewhere.