Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Bellator rankings. Can’t say I’m 100% on the ball with the roster as a whole, I dip in and out. These look about right Ebb and Jim? 

5668A235-5772-4DC8-92D4-AB62873CE254.png

Source is Marcel Dorff on Twitter. 

Edited by wandshogun09

No way should Amosov be ranked below Bader and Mousasi in the P4P rankings based on recent form.

MVP is too high up in the Welterweight rankings. Jackson has better wins.

I assume Tokov has been removed from the MW rankings based on inactivity (he has visa issues).

Provided the rankings are based on opposition beaten within Bellator, I have Pitbull at number 1 p4p, then Amosov, then Nemkov, Pettis and McKee. Although Burnell, Shabliy, and Magomedov are probably just as good as some of those guys and will probably climb the rankings drastically in the next year or so. Corey Anderson could be in the mix also if he wins the Grand Prix. 

Edit: Pitbull vs McKee and Stots vs Magomedov are confirmed for July 31st. Sweet!

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

i take the rankings with a pinch of salt at the moment, but its nice to have standings to get a gauge on things. Right now though, Bellator are not using the rankings to help match make. Aaron Pico despite being #6 fought an unranked fighter on the weekend for example.

• Paid Members

if anyone needs anymore proof that the rankings at this point are a bit broken...

20210616_093146.thumb.jpg.ed98fbc34df74c2eaa564f8eea6e15b8.jpg

Patricky Pitbull has moved to #1 in the rankings despite losing his last fight to #5 ranked Peter Queally.

Goiti Yamauchi is at #3 despite losing his last fight to #10 Dan Moret.

Explain those.

Edited by Egg Shen

6 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Patricky Pitbull has moved to #1 in the rankings despite losing his last fight to #5 ranked Peter Queally.

Goiti Yamauchi is at #3 despite losing his last fight to #10 Dan Moret.

Explain those.

Yamauchi was robbed by the judges against Moret, whereas Pitbull Snr was bossing Queally until he got stopped via a cut. 

I assume those who contribute to the rankings system took those details into account. Still, the rankings are indeed a bit of a mess. 

Official MMA rankings tend to be a bit shit. Jon Jones is still ranked P4P number 1 by the UFC ffs. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

I saw that but I can’t say I’m familiar with Stots. Would’ve been into it to see Magomedov again but I’ve seen a few mentions of Stots now too. Sounds like a great test for both.

Probably be a good night for Bellator this. They’re going head to head with a very average looking UFC Fight Night headlined by Uriah Hall vs Sean Strickland.

Edit - Usman Nurmagomedov is on the card as well.

Edited by wandshogun09

22 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

The Timothy Johnson World Title fight not floating your boat Jim?

Not really. 

Tim Johnson is fine, but he isn't a fighter that I am going to get excited about watching. I support Moldavsky, but only because he's from Team Fedor. His bouts have been dull as fuck in Bellator.