Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

😄

who do you fancy in the fight @Scott Malbranque?

my only experience of watching Kavanaugh was when she got smushed by Cyborg, and I thought McCourt looked pretty shit last night out. 

I know there was a decent portion of people who thought Kavanaugh would do alright against Cyborg, but she just got caught and hurt early. Given that anyone thought she had any kind of chance leads me to believe she'll be the favorite here?

• Paid Members
On 1/7/2022 at 4:33 PM, Egg Shen said:

😄

who do you fancy in the fight @Scott Malbranque?

my only experience of watching Kavanaugh was when she got smushed by Cyborg, and I thought McCourt looked pretty shit last night out. 

I think McCourt is a bang average fighter. Probably seems harsh, but I've seen her twice live and I've watched her other fights on the box and she hasn't progressed...at all, unlike Danni Neilan who is almost T1000 like in her determination to progress on her skills alone. 

McCourt is a half decent - but boring - fighter, good media personality, looks lovely and is very camera savvy, as I've noticed when she's mid fight she has a look around and adjusts herself (where poss) , to get her Chevy on the screen. 

I think Kavangh will take her out. She has a point to prove after being absolutely rinsed by Cyborg, and I've seen Kavanagh train and she's a fucking beast. If McCourt does her usual hug fest gig, then she might go the distance but I don't see anything but Kavanagh mowing through her. 

BUT, in saying all that, I thought Kavanagh had a chance against Cyborg. Had that shoved right square back up my plums, didn't I? 

And @wandshogun09, there's only one Magic to me, and that's you.

Mr.Johnson, that Queen song, Mike and Mike XXL can ask me arse. 

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
18 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah I think Carbomb might be thinking back to when Bellator was on 5 or 5USA or whatever or the Sky Sports days. They’ve been on iPlayer a year or so now I think. 

No, Egg had it - because it was on iPlayer, I had it in my head somehow it was on main BBC. 

Mind you, isn't BBC3 their internet-only channel? So there's not much change there.

Edited by Carbomb

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

The Bellator Bantamweight Grand Prix has had a shake up. Champion, Sergio Pettis and James Gallagher is out. There'll be 2 fights to determine the last two slots. Winner get an Interim Title now which seems a bit pointless considering the winner will go straight in with Pettis, but whatever...

Screenshot_20220324-191731_Instagram.thumb.jpg.bb2b9f2f919b9b96261061f8ccf5b227.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...