Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, David said:

That's class. Makes a change to see an MMA poster with a bit of effort put in. Is it official? Or a fan poster?

not 100% sure, im sure ive seen a very similar poster before though with a fighter looming over New York, just cant put my finger on what it was.

• Paid Members

Some interesting taglines there.

The one with Sakuraba getting choked out by a woman says "Welcome to the MMA theme park" above, then "Sakuraba Kazushi in memories of the summer holiday".

The Pride 13 one's funny: "13, eh? Something amazing had better happen..."

Dream 1 says "This isn't someone's dream, it's your dream."

Last one says "In front of a winner, one wants to be a brave man/woman."

• Paid Members

Nice one! You being the resident Japanese translator around these parts reminds me, I wonder whatever happened to the lady who used to translate on UFC shows for the Japanese fighters years ago. Remember her? She always had a pen with colourful fur on the top. 

A153A878-D3C1-4E91-B011-999BAB004D2F.jpeg

16C834B5-78FD-4A60-A1CE-CC43DC229F0A.jpeg

• Paid Members

Not gonna lie - I don't remember her (I didn't catch as many Pride shows as I would've liked), but she seems very sweet and likable. Just how the Japanese media like them.

• Paid Members

Nah, she wasn’t on Pride. She was the UFC’s Japanese translator for a bit. From a quick search it would’ve been around 2012ish, makes sense looking at that photo as KID was in the UFC then.

She was well liked as I recall. But then got forgotten and overshadowed by Yoel Romero’s mate, known only as ‘Ray The Translator’. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
16 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Like the look of this. You going @Scott Malbranque?

2F40CB36-C4C8-403D-A1DA-F2ABB6697EBC.jpeg

Aye, not missing this one, Magic. Tickets in the bag and everything...
But sure, at least one Irish fighter is going to win out of the top three fights on the card, so hopefully the atmosphere won't run too toxic, like last time out.

I still don't like Kavanagh's walkout music though. Love her and her majestically bad Twitter grammar and all, but the walkout does be absolutely poxy, confused me, and it doesn't suit her. At all. Superficial as that may sound.