Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

I feel bad for those who used to enjoy the Euro series. Still, I prefer Bellator's new approach - fewer shows, stacked cards, etc.

Bellator does not have the roster to put on high-quality shows on a regular basis. So if the European expansion continued we would probably end up with frequent, yet weak, shows again. 

Coker is considering doing a Bantamweight GP:

“The (next) grand prix hasn’t been determined, but what I will say is if you look at the quality of fighters in this division, it’s stacked,. I think of fighters like Magomed Magomedov. I think about the two gentlemen, (Pettis and Archuleta), who just fought tonight. I think about (former champion) Kyoji Horiguchi coming in.

“And when you start stacking this division and all the young talent we have coming up, it’s going to be a formidable division. And whether it’s our tournament or not, that’s undetermined. We’re focusing on the light heavyweight tournament right now, and we’ll decide what we do maybe come September.”