Balls Mahoney has passed away

AJSTYLES

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Grimly predictable news really, he'd looked horrific these last couple of years. A little over ten years older than me, yet he looked ten years older than my dad. Sad that he wasn't taking care of himself.

I don't think I ever thought he was 'good' but he did have an intangible likeability about him. Obviously a perfect fit for ECW in its heyday. I always thought 'Balls Mahoney' was a tremendous name too.

• Paid Members

Like others, I always enjoyed watching Balls Mahoney, especially as a fan of the hardcore style of wrestling. The fella also had impeccable music taste too. I always thought it was really cool to see a guy out there wrestling in Immolation, Type O Negative and King Diamond shirts, to name a few bands I noticed him representing.

• Paid Members

Only two months after his tag partner Axl Rotten died at exactly the same age too.

Its like David Bowie/David Gest all over again!

I cant say I was a fan, i never appriciated his style of wrestling, but 44 is no age to clock out

• Paid Members

Always remember the story in Jericho's first book about him sharing a house with Balls when they were both in Smokey Mountain in the 90's, and Ball's room being infested with ants and cockroaches cos he'd stuff half eaten sandwiches under his bed instead of throwing them in the bin. 

I really love that flaming tables match Balls had with Chilly Willy against Da Baldies at November To Remember 2000, the one at Anarchy Rulz where Devito moonsaults off the commentary booth an' all. In fact that run him and Chilly Willy had as a team was pretty good, and i'd happily nominate the two of them and the later Baldies as 'boys'

• Paid Members

Jericho and Balls werent in Smoky Mountain together, let alone shared a house with him. Most of the Smoky stuff was made up by Jericho in his book. Fuck knows why.

Really? what an odd story to make up!

Archived