Balls Mahoney has passed away

AJSTYLES

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ahh man Balls was great fun. I remember being super hyped for his hardcore match against Ulf Herman at FWA British Uprising and it didn't disappoint from my second row seat.

An ECW favourite of mine.

R.I.P

• Paid Members

Sadly not much of a surprise if you've followed him over the past few years. Like DEF said, Balls was great fun. He was the walking embodiment of 'shitty hardcore wrestler', but with the right opponent (e.g. Masato Tanaka) he could pull off some very entertaining matches..well...at least in a world before we knew the extent of concussions.....and he really managed to get himself over. An absolute product of that era. R.I.P.

• Paid Members

Really excellent wrestler too. Could do more than the hardcore stuff.

Styles kept saying that ad nauseam, along with him being banned as an amateur being mentioned in every match, but I never saw and proof to be honest.

The most interesting part of his career for me is how long wwe kept him about when he was taken on again in 06. That and the gif of him vomiting mid match in Puerto Rico.

I always liked him.

He was a fixture of ECW in the second half of the company's existence, and for someone who wrestled such a brutal style he rarely missed any time through injury.

When you think of their ppv-era Balls was a big part of it.

Only two months after his tag partner Axl Rotten died at exactly the same age too.

• Paid Members

Ahh man Balls was great fun. I remember being super hyped for his hardcore match against Ulf Herman at FWA British Uprising and it didn't disappoint from my second row seat.

R.I.P

I was there too and loved that match. He was working some decent chain stuff early on, which prompted the crowd into a 'Balls can wrestle' chant, which he seemed chuffed with. Always had a soft spot for him. RIP

R.I.P

I was there too and loved that match. He was working some decent chain stuff early on, which prompted the crowd into a 'Balls can wrestle' chant, which he seemed chuffed with. Always had a soft spot for him. RIP

Same for me. I was there too and loved that match. I always enjoyed his stuff and actually enjoyed a lot of his non-hardcore matches as well. Balls was good to the fans as well, I remember arriving for a show at Earls Court & he just came out of the arena with Sandman & Dreamer to say hello to fans and do photos/autographs.

Archived