Balls Mahoney has passed away

AJSTYLES

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with Lance on this, just because someone dies doesn't mean everyone has to place praise on them. He said he was sad, but wouldn't describe them as friends and explained why so it didn't sound like it was due to anything bad on Balls part. Fair enough to me

• Moderators

Yeah, but reading it back it reads back that "Balls was friendly, I'm not". If anything it's a case of not needing to say anything other than RIP rather than going into how they weren't friends.

Exactly.

If someone you worked with and had matches with dies, but you wren't friendly with that person, a simple "RIP Balls Mahoney" or "My thoughts are with his family" is a respectful decent-enough post on the matter.

Posting a long message about why you didn't consider the deceased person a friend serves no purpose.

First time I read it I thought it was honest, if a little bit uncomfortable to read. Reading it again though it strikes me that apart from being awkward it's just unnecessary. I like Lance Storm, I think he's a great wrestler and he seems like a smart guy. I would be amazed if he doesn't have ASD, specifically Asperger's though.

• Paid Members

I'm with Lance on this, just because someone dies doesn't mean everyone has to place praise on them.

That's not the issue here though is it? The issue isn't around Storm not making up some bullshit sadface tribute, it's about a pointless and frankly bizarre post he made which just highlights how much of a miserable and socially challenged chap he is. "Balls was really nice to me, I didn't feel comfortable with that. He'd probably say I was his friend, but he wasn't mine". Seriously, just don't say anything you shitty miser.

Hevw I'll Likely be getting dozens if not hundreds of tweets asking re balls. He gave an honest answer about his friendship to prevent loads more asking for stories.

• Paid Members

he seems like a smart guy

He's not smart - he thinks he is. I read his website posts for years & bought his books. His sulky personality gives off the impression that he's some sort of intellectual, but he's certainly not. He uses big words like 'acronym' when he doesn't actually know what they mean. That word is a common pitfall of pseudo-intellectuals. They throw it around all the time, thinking it just means a bunch of initials: like BA or WWE or TNA - but they're initialisms. An acronym has to spell a pronounceable word: like Scuba, Laser, etc.

• Paid Members

Hevw I'll Likely be getting dozens if not hundreds of tweets asking re balls. He gave an honest answer about his friendship to prevent loads more asking for stories.

Honest? Yes. Classless? Yes. He's got a right to say what he wants. He's deservedly getting ripped apart because what he's said lacks any class whatsoever.

If he'd written it with any warmth and just explained then it would be fine. But phrases like "whatever the hell Balls was to me" are disgusting really.

He has the right to say anything he wants. If he wasn't a cunt, he'd have said little.

• Paid Members

He's not smart - he thinks he is. I read his website posts for years & bought his books. His sulky personality gives off the impression that he's some sort of intellectual, but he's certainly not. He uses big words like 'acronym' when he doesn't actually know what they mean. That word is a common pitfall of pseudo-intellectuals. They throw it around all the time, thinking it just means a bunch of initials: like BA or WWE or TNA - but they're initialisms. An acronym has to spell a pronounceable word: like Scuba, Laser, etc.

What do you call that thing where people use anacronym alongside one of the words inside it? Like "PIN number".

• Paid Members

What do you call that thing where people use an acronym alongside one of the words inside it? Like "PIN number".

ATM Machine? I call them morons, lol.

Not having a go at anyone - more just giving an example as to why Lance Storm thinks he's smart (by using big words), but then we can see by his written word that he's actually ignorant. He also thought someones "MO" meant their motive.

At the risk of derailing the thread, people who say 'PIN Number' or 'ATM machine' aren't too bad in my books. I wouldn't have a clue what ATM stands for (yeah, you could make a reasonable guess that the M stands for machine). It's certainly not as bad as people saying would of. I bet most people who moan about people saying it said it themselves until somebody pointed it out to them. 

• Paid Members

I bet most people who moan about people saying it said it themselves until somebody pointed it out to them. 

Of course! But after that happens, you can then look down on everyone else and call them ignorant.

A friend of mine years ago corrected me & told me it's "One fell swoop" and not "One foul swoop" as most people say (it's from Macbeth). 2 years later, I took smug pride in correcting Alex Shane, whilst pretending I always knew & am clearly a Shakespeare connoisseur. Then maybe Alex went on to do the same to someone else.... That's how it works.

It was John Lister that corrected me with 'acronym' on Facebook years ago - up until then I was an ignorant pseudo-intellectual like Lance Storm. Now I'm smart though - really smart. I love correcting people who use acronym wrong - because they always argue back for a while & insist they're right, making the final blow even more satisfying.

Archived