5 Wrestlers

pitseleh

If you were to start a wrestling company and got the choice to pick five wrestlers from the current WWE/NXT roster to build your company around, who would you pick and why?

I'll start...

Brock Lesnar - This is providing that he ups his dates. He'll be the ace of this company. He'll mostly work as a monster heel, but can work as a no-nonsense face when the opportunity calls for it. His name alone will also help the company.  

Sami Zayn - I could never imagine the crowd turning against him and he's one of the most over guys in the company. He'll be the top babyface, who lacks the look of a superstar, but can back things up with his ring work ala Daniel Bryan and Shawn Michaels.

Big E - Not as great as Xavier on the mic, but he can still hold his own. He's still young, and can still potentially be a main event star. He can be a lovable, annoying or a total badass at the flick of a switch. The sky's the limit with this guy.

Cesaro - The mechanic. He doesn't need to be winning big matches or be pushed to the moon, but he can make anyone look good and can be useful for creating new stars.

Jason Jordan - Or Gable. Either one works. We need new blood and there is so much potential with these guys. Jordan is younger, looks like an absolute star and has the intensity, so I'll go with him.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Cena, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Menry and Kalisto. I'd repackage Kalisto as Roy Mysterious the 2nd and The Undertaker would have to be known as The U.S Undertaker to save confusion. I'd have a singles a 2 on 1 handicap and everyone back in for a rumble at the end. There'd be a ratings grabbing raffle in there as well.

• Paid Members

John Cena, The Undertaker, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, Randy Orton.

I'd sell my first event as Undertaker vs Cena in a retirement match and then buy the rest of the roster off the profits.

• Paid Members

The Ryback is the new Henry and KO would sell that sweet sweet merch to the neck beards.

The same could be said for any WWE merch really. I'd associate Ryback tshirts with unclean, fat blokes as much as i would Nakamura merch.

I'd take Lesnar, Reigns, Corbin, Gable and Rollins.

The Ryback is the new Henry and KO would sell that sweet sweet merch to the neck beards.

I'd associate Ryback tshirts with unclean, fat blokes as much as i would Nakamura merch.
Really? I wouldn't. There's bound to be some cross pollination but their merch would clearly have their own respective demographics. I'm sure the design and marketing departments would acknowledge as much.

You'd want the guys who are prominent enough in WWE that they have a bit of star power, but without necessarily being seen as WWE lifers. We are trying to build a new brand here after all. A new company with Cena, Undertaker, and Triple H on top would just look like a weird knock off. Like WCW before the nWo. With that in mind I'd go with:

Brock Lesnar, Dean Ambrose, Shane McMahon, The Miz, Heath Slater.

The stories for the first year or so would centre around Lesnar as the champ and Ambrose as the insurgent babyface who eventually slays the beast. Shane is the on screen authority trying to forge his own way as a promoter. Miz and Heath are perennially feuding comedy midcarders (heel and baby respectively).

Archived