5 Wrestlers

pitseleh

• Paid Members

The Ryback is the new Henry and KO would sell that sweet sweet merch to the neck beards.

I'd associate Ryback tshirts with unclean, fat blokes as much as i would Nakamura merch.
Really? I wouldn't. There's bound to be some cross pollination but their merch would clearly have their own respective demographics. I'm sure the design and marketing departments would acknowledge as much.

I think they're all the same personally. Your common out-of-shape WWE fan is going to buy that Randy Orton tshirt just as much as your common out-of-shape 'IWC' wrestling fan is going to buy that Finn Balor tshirt.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a slightly more articulate post but then my 3G died, it had basically argued (really fucking well, obviously) why Bayley was an important choice to make. But acknowledged she needed an opponent, so:

Cena, Lesnar, Owens, Bayley, Sasha Banks.

I'd go with...

Brock Lesnar - mega star and one of the few guys left in the company who hasn't been shat on from a height by (un)creative. He has a badass aura that is lacking within the industry and definitely one of the guys who has consistently decent matches. 

Seth Rollins - The company will still need the guy in ten years because they are making little headway with many of the other talents on the roster. He is one of few that will ever come close to John Cena in terms of name value and that is at a long shot. The end of the day he can have a good match with most people, he is passionate, he seems to genuinely love and want it. 

Shinsuke Nakamura - Although he has not had his debut match he is technically part of the WWE/NXT roster as of April. If he is allowed to be himself (his character from NJPW) and is positioned in the right way he has potential to be a huge star going forward. The only downside is the fact he is 36 years old, hardly young by todays standards. I would put him in the Intercontinental/World Title picture, someone who can elevate the mid card title and have a great match with anyone. I believe the fans will love his character if given the chance. 

Bray Wyatt - I genuinely believe that given some time and a decent story he has huge potential. The problem I have found with his booking is that 1) he hasn't looked particularly strong in the last year 2) he has NO backstory. I want to know what makes HIM tick, I want to find out about his mysterious sister Abigail... As a character he is second to none but is utilised poorly. 

Rusev - I really loved the gimmick when he first appeared on the main roster. He can move, he is agile and he can produce genuine heat from a crowd. One of my favourite matches of 2015 included the I Quit Match against Cena... he really showed an ability to sell and remained strong even in defeat. 

Reasons for not picking others:

Taker - part timer, limited ability to have 'new' feuds as he has been in the company forever. 

Cena - he has been on top of the hill for over a decade. He is winding down and physically doesn't seem to be in that good shape. I'd give him a part time contract similar to Taker once the roster is established. 

Reigns - I have no belief in him as a worker or a character. I am sure he can perform but I don't see him as the 'go to' guy for a good story. Build him al a

Goldberg and you may be onto something though. 

AJ Styles - fantastic worker (NJPW) but is missing something. He looks tiny by comparison to other guys (Jericho looked big compared to Styles) and he hasn't demonstrated either likability or personality since his WWE debut. 

Cesaro - has potential but I want to see 'it' from him. Remembering he is a millennial! :p

Big E - he is a mid card talent - good in the role but not someone I would put in the big five. 

Bayley - no... I've had enough of that miserable (half crying half joyous) face! 

Bray Wyatt - I genuinely believe that given some time and a decent story he has huge potential. The problem I have found with his booking is that 1) he hasn't looked particularly strong in the last year 2) he has NO backstory. I want to know what makes HIM tick, I want to find out about his mysterious sister Abigail...

You wouldn't be getting any of that. WWE owns it. You'd be getting a fat bloke with a beard, you probably wouldn't even be able to give him the Hawaiian shirt and MRA hat.

Wikipedia lists styles at 5,11. Surely that can't be right? He is absolutely tiny. Has anyone met him that could have a guess at his real height? 5 9 maybe?

On Bray Wyatt, I'd rather take a 'colourless midget' like Styles than a fat vacuum that lowers both his value, and the value of his opponent, in every feud he has. He's a fucking awful character.

I think people got a bit carried away with Wyatt because it was a fresh gimmick and he had bags of charisma on the mic. Problem is he's still spouting the same gibberish now and it means nothing. He's a decent brawler and could be salvaged but I can't seetit happening.

• Paid Members

Wikipedia lists styles at 5,11. Surely that can't be right? He is absolutely tiny. Has anyone met him that could have a guess at his real height? 5 9 maybe?

I'm 6'0 even and have stood face to face with Mr Styles, and would call 5'11 a little generous.

• Paid Members

New Japan had him listed as 5'9" and WWE and TNA had him down as 5'11". So 5'9" seems genuine. Thing is, he's probably the same size as Jericho but Jericho wears those Kane boots and spikes his hair, like Bart Simpson in the episode where he's auditioning for Fall Out Boy.

Look at the size of those lifts. Its like he has the yellow pages strapped to each foot.

2aied5y.jpg

Archived