WWE Global Cruiserweight Series

Chris Brooker

Not quite the same kind of incident, but that makes me think of the Wrestlemania XI Free For All when Johnny Polo is stationed outside "Pamela Anderson's dressing room", talking about how no-one is allowed in or out, but the room is clearly actually the referees room and Mike Chioda walks in just at that moment.

Later in the show, they go back to him and Tony Garea comes out, forcing Polo to ask him what he'd been doing in Pamela's room. Garea just doesn't give a fuck and walks off camera.

Prob would've been Pettengill? Polo was Raven by that point.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, after rewatching last week's show, I can only wonder why Perkins/Swann and Sabre Jr/Dar didn't go on before it. I haven't read spoilers, so those matches could be awesome for all I know, but I can't fathom anything topping those two great matches and the emotion of the Kendrick loss. The show has generally been great for getting better as it goes along, so I'm intrigued to see if this week continues that trend. Something about Perkins is a turn off to me, and I can't even put my finger on it.

Shadow the earlier views that I'd love tournaments like this to be focused on different divisions every year rather than always the cruisers. The thought of a Bruiserweight Classic focused on building up Ishii would be a wet dream 

Going back to your point in this: if they did tourneys for the best women and tag teams in the world wouldn't that suggest that they didn't already have those in the existing divisions.

I think it was fine for cruiserweights as WWE didn't have an existing division but I don't think it's the same for tags and women.

I would love to see it though.

• Paid Members

Going back to your point in this: if they did tourneys for the best women and tag teams in the world wouldn't that suggest that they didn't already have those in the existing divisions.

I think it was fine for cruiserweights as WWE didn't have an existing division but I don't think it's the same for tags and women.

I would love to see it though.

Not necessarily. I see what you mean, but bear in mind that with this tournament they were showcasing the best cruiserweight talent unsigned. There are still plenty of cruiserweight wrestlers under contract already (hell, at least half of the roster) and I'd imagine some would be added to the division as soon as it is launched too. They could do something similar with women and tags, with the incentive that the winners are rewarded with a contract, or something.

I am surprised these guys are going straight to main roster en masse.

The Raw roster needs more depth, so adding more wrestlers to it is great in my eyes. I would rather watch any most of the wrestlers involved in the CWC, than watch Bo Dallas, Titus O'Neil or Darren Young.

Im not saying they won't add to Raw, just goes against most of roster gong through NXT first, Aries would be ideal on Cruiserweight raw, hope he is added too with Hideo as not really needed in NXT

Really enjoyable again this week. Was hoping for a little more out of Dar and Sabre Jr but what we got was good. Enjoyed Swann and TJP more.

Glad TJP is where he is. Really think he can be a real mainstay in the Cruiserweight divison.

And Mauro and Bryan are getting better and better as a commentary team now that Bryan's got over everyone's jetlag.

Aren't the Cruiserweight just for Raw & PPVs but will be doing the NXT house shows instead of Raw's? Raw doesn't need 10 more bodies (or how ever many) for house shows.

Aries & Itami have been heavyweight champions, so both guys could be IC champion level on Smackdown if either end up there, or US level on Raw.

Archived