WWE Global Cruiserweight Series

Chris Brooker

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dar being a massive Oasis fan and naming his finisher after it made him the heel of the tournament for me. Great matches though, both of them. When Sabre has tapped people in this tournament it has looked genuinely brutal, loved the wrenching with the legs because of the elbow injury. Perkins/Swann taking issue with one another's cockiness was superb, Swann not going through was a genuine shock - thought for sure it'd be 1 American, 1 Japanese, 1 English and 1 Mexican in the semis, and regardless I thought the popularity of Swann would carry him through. Loved the immediacy of TJP going for the hug as soon as Swann tapped, especially after holding it in for a 4 count the first time when Swann grabbed the rope - made the tournament feel so important.

Can't wait for next week now!

couldnt get into either match this week, unsure why. I really dont like Dar's little hand gestures (air boob squeezes ala Keith Lemon), bow with arm behind his back or his wrist kiss - really puts me off him. 

And its the 2nd Sabre match in this tourney where I've realised he doesn't really sell that well at all, Dar would get offence in but it would never last that long at all before Sabre counters. It happened in the previous round too. 

Admittedly I've only got into NXT in the past year (watching weekly) and now CWC, but how many people do super kicks?! Its around 5 a match it seems and so overused. Just a moan. 

Otherwise thoroughly enjoyed the tourny, hoping for an Ibushi Metalik finale

• Paid Members

Perkins/Swann taking issue with one another's cockiness was superb

I bloody loved this exchange, I keep rewatching it. Perkins' smugness, the look on Swann's face when he is outdone and the crowd reacting to Swann's Dabbing like they were at a high school battle rap. Just superb. The whole match was really good, glad they're both part of the Raw cruiserweight division.

Very impressed with the ZSJ/Dar match, and like others I can now see the Dar that was hyped. He seems much more comfortable in that cocky little shitbag heel role. And ZSJ is fascinating to watch- you can see his brain ticking over when he's working his opponent. Very good and intelligent finish that made perfect sense.

really enjoyed the finale - TJP/Ibushi was top notch stuff

Pleasantly surprised with the outcome - glad they didnt go with the favourites and leaves it open for challenges down the line.

TJP's chest was a mess on the back of those chops and how good was belt reveal from Triple H!

Whizzed through the tag match as was late for work

Excellent final show to an excellent tournament. And the title looked great, differing slightly from the other "new" titles they've brought out recently which all look the same. 

I didn't want a ZSJ/Ibushi final, just because they'd said that was going to be the final throughout but I was expecting at least one of them in the final.

Thoroughly enjoyable final it was though and Metalik and Perkins were standouts throughout.

An immensely enjoyable tournament.

• Paid Members

Don't think he has, somebody said apparently he has a few things he wants to get done first. In sure someone mentioned it in here following an interview he gave. I reckon it's more a case of Trips telling him to work on his upper body for a bit, then he'll have a job.

Then again, I'm sure Ibushi hasn't actually signed yet either.

I was hoping Gran Metalik would gain the win but Perkins did. I've never been a big fan of Perkins but he is slowly growing on me.

Very pleased ZSJ didn't win. I really don't rate him.

Otherwise a great tournament with some exceptional performances from the likes of Gulak, Swan, Alexander, Kendrick, Darr, Nese, Tozawa, Gallagher and many others.

Really hoping they've signed Gulak.

Archived