WWE Global Cruiserweight Series

Chris Brooker

• Paid Members

Great show. 

I only hope Vince is now allowed free reign over the cruiserweights and HHH can reign him in otherwise Gran Metallik will be jobbing to Strowman and getting his mask ripped off in a few weeks and TJP  will be getting crushed by Rusev.

This is almost guaranteed to happen. We're probably already on countdown to a 6 man cruiserweight tag match that's given 6 minutes and ends with a Big Show waddle in to squash them all.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Surely they'll agree on some sort of part-time deal in the end.

Doubtful, why would they? For an Undertaker, Cena, Brock etc- somebody that can move needles, then sure. But a cruiserweight talent that despite being very talented, probably won't make huge waves? Nah.

Surely they'll agree on some sort of part-time deal in the end.

Doubtful, why would they? For an Undertaker, Cena, Brock etc- somebody that can move needles, then sure. But a cruiserweight talent that despite being very talented, probably won't make huge waves? Nah.

Yeah he's a great performer, but unless you will guarantee the arses in seats, you don't get that treatment

• Paid Members

Jack Gallagher was on Granada Reports this afternoon. They had a little feature on the, "Manchester wrestler following in the footsteps of the British Bulldog, William Regal and Wade Barrett." He came across brilliantly and was open about being signed to a contract. Good luck to the lad. He was one of the standouts of he whole tournament for me.

I thought it was a great finale to a brilliant tournament. As a whole, the Cruiserweight Classic might be the best thing they've put on the Network so far. It's exactly the type of programming that suits it. I hope they do one every year, bringing in different guys. Or maybe do different, "Classics," like a Tag Team Tournament or, if they can find the talent, a Women's Tournament. It's a great way to bring in new talent.

I'll be very interested in how the Cruiserweights are handled on RAW. I can't say I have much confidence. It'd be awesome if they kept some of this presentation though, either by having the handshakes before each match, or maybe having rankings to earn a title shot. I'm not one of those, "just let them wrestle! Pure sports build!" guys, but the brackets and UFC-style presentation really set this stuff apart from everything else WWE do. I hope they don't become just another bunch of guys doing the same old shit.

Ultimately, I'm most interested in how this bodes for a WWE ran by Triple H, once Vince pops his clogs. This is the first time it felt like guys from the top to the bottom weren't given any type of restrictions in what they were allowed to do. They were just Indy guys doing Indy matches. They were allowed to get all of their shit in. I wonder if that's going to be more prominent going forward, where guys are allowed to stray from the WWE style more and more. It certainly made for a more enjoyable show, where matches are more exciting and unique because they aren't all the same.

The Cruiserweight champions will face hornswoggle in an undisputed champion match on a pre show ladder match before 12 months is up

Maybe

Archived